Last updated at 16:07 GMT, Thursday, 09 January 2014

Express English: Fitness

Every week we ask you a different question. Hear what people in London say, then join the conversation!

What do you do to keep fit?

Join the conversation. What do you do to keep fit?

The Express English team

This is what some people in London told us.

Exercise classes seem to be an easy way to keep fit, but one woman admitted that she is not very disciplined and stopped after three weeks.

Jogging seems to be another popular way to keep active but one man opted for a more adventurous pursuit like mountain climbing.

Did you know?

Fact

Overweight and obesity rates have increased steadily since the 1980s in both men and women, and according to projections by OECD, three out of four people in the most developed countries will be overweight or obese within 10 years.

Language tip

The expression 'to be fit as a fiddle' can be used to describe a person who is very healthy.

Cultural tip

Overweight welfare claimants in the US state of Arizona face paying $50 fines if they don't follow a dietary regime laid down by their doctor.

End of Section

Now tell us what you think

What do you do to keep fit?

Comments are now closed.

Comments

• 28. At 01:44am on 17 Jan 2012, Thiago dos Santos wrote:

I'm used to practice karate to be fit.
    Bye!!!

• 29. At 01:56am on 17 Jan 2012, Maria Virgínya wrote:

I've been doing exercise since october of 2011. I don't wanna lose weight, just body shape. But this is very hard and I'ven't been seen good results, so I think I need search a professional who can help me. Do you know someone who can help me?

• 30. At 02:58am on 17 Jan 2012, Cristóbal wrote:

Before I did exercise so much. Now, because of my studies, I do running one time for week.

• 31. At 03:23am on 17 Jan 2012, love you 12 wrote:

I like running.then I do some basic kungfu that I learn from school

• 32. At 08:00am on 17 Jan 2012, Din Islam wrote:

I always try to play cricket to keep myself fit. When it doesn't happen I do exercise in my living room. I simply do some common exercises such as up & down, jumping in the air, small step running within the tiny area of my room. I make exercise with my hand, head, foot and with whole body. I use to do is do it to make all my body cells awake so that they can actively perform their work. I realize that if I let them stay with little activity then they might become old aged very soon and ultimately so I'll be. As I'm combined of those cells and nothing more than that. So, I always think I need to awake them to make chanting in my body all the time and they will not be bored as I'm giving them their required nutrition. Thats the combined thinking of mine to keep myself fit.

• 33. At 08:21am on 17 Jan 2012, sabo wrote:

Refresh is a key to be healthy. When I find that I'm feeling too much stress, I try to do some enjoyable activities, like reading Manga, baking sweets, jogging, and so on.
    When I was younger, I overate when I felt stress. But, this is not a good solution now, both to my body and mind. Even it is bad to my economical situation.

• 34. At 10:12am on 17 Jan 2012, GustavoBrazil wrote:

I am walking all business day from my house to the subway station and after, from the busway to my work. At the end of day i walk from my work to the subway station and after from the subway station to my house. Each day i walk 3.5 kilometers.

• 35. At 10:20am on 17 Jan 2012, salih wrote:

I play table tennis. It really helps to get fit. Also my job requires lots of physcial activities such as walking. Therefore, I don't need to do some special activities to become fit. Also I believe that, genetic footprint is playing critical role for being fit. Some people have a body which is very fit eventhough they don't necessary doing anything in order to preserve their's fit looking. It's related their's genetic footprint. Also eating habits is crucial factor for being fit. Eveyone needs to eat healthy and properly in order to maintain physical health. Some of people doing exercise properly but they don't have a good eating habits. Therefore, they don't see any benefit of these exercises they doing. All of these factors need to join the program in equilibrium. People need to follow each critical aspect as a balanced way.

• 36. At 10:24am on 17 Jan 2012, Ali wrote:

I try to dance every day. I exercise 30 minutes per day.when I play the music and dance with myself , I feel confident and enjoy.

• 37. At 2:06pm on 17 Jan 2012, Nazar Y Khaleel wrote:

In our community, the housewife performs most housework like cooking, cleaning and preparing what is necessary for the husband, daughters and sons in the house. I think the activities of the housewife all the day keep her fit.

• 38. At 3:15pm on 17 Jan 2012, esni wrote:

Well, I'm going to a ballet course 4 day in a week.So I think , I don't have to do extra exercise to keep fit.But I really like doing a sport.Sometimes I go jogging with my family.I play basketball in the school with my friends.In the summers I usually ride a bike.I also like swimming so much.As I have an opportunity, I try to go swimming.Hardly ever I do plates with my mum :)

• 39. At 4:00pm on 17 Jan 2012, kezia82 wrote:

I go to the gym twice a week and try to have a healthy, balanced diet.

• 40. At 4:12pm on 17 Jan 2012, helen wrote:

As for me, I try not to eat after o'clock or eat only light food. Also, I eat less sweets, chocolate and bread. As for sport, I only go skiing in winter and walking in the forest. I've already lost 8 kg. I am happy.

• 41. At 4:45pm on 17 Jan 2012, roxnam wrote:

I feel good every two days when I swin back style while forty minutes. But I really enjoy dancing anyone music and so I'm fit and happy

• 42. At 4:52pm on 17 Jan 2012, roxnam wrote:

I believe that it's good and perhaps the only way to keep the running

• 43. At 5:47pm on 17 Jan 2012, ammuneem wrote:

I used to wake up early in the morning and practice yoga ,all postures. I have the habit of eating food twice a day, morning 10 to 10.30 and evening around 6 O 'clock. And am a pure vegetarian (I do not drink milk or milk products). This lifestyle makes me fit with healthy body and mind

• 44. At 5:54pm on 17 Jan 2012, terrymaecool2 wrote:

I like TO do GYM,rural CROSSFIT.and eat a por.

• 45. At 5:56pm on 17 Jan 2012, terrymaecool2 wrote:

• 46. At 6:14pm on 17 Jan 2012, oles wrote:

I don't use elevator too much and got to gym 3-4 times per week. Also, I try to eat healthy - less fatty meat, more fruits and vegetables - as much as possible.

• 47. At 6:34pm on 17 Jan 2012, altazar wrote:

To keep fit I don't eat junk food, and I spent my spare time doing garden works; further more I don't drink sweetdrinks ( like coke and fanta) and I hope in the future to begin practice sports as I used to do before my sons were born.

• 48. At 7:28pm on 17 Jan 2012, zartasha mustafa wrote:

well when i feel obese myself i just eat garlic to keep fit myself

• 49. At 7:32pm on 17 Jan 2012, zartasha mustafa wrote:

• 50. At 9:20pm on 17 Jan 2012, Bente Woien wrote:

I go walking with my two dogs one hour a day. Twice a week I try to join a gymclass.

• 51. At 04:29am on 18 Jan 2012, DY Kim wrote:

I try to eat less than i want to eat. and try not to eat snack but it is not easy to me. I also do fast walking everymornig before going to office.

• 52. At 08:43am on 18 Jan 2012, Meha wrote:

I do practice karate four days in a week and play football on weekends

• 53. At 11:24am on 18 Jan 2012, svetlana wrote:

I do "raising and lowering the forks and spoons" every day. It's a brand new discipline, the latest one. Have you heard? I am jocking, of course. I only want to say that I don`t do any
    exercise. I`m 30 years old girl and I`m overweight. So one of my New Year resolution is to lose weight. I live in Serbia where the cuisine is quite strong tasting or fatty and spicy.
    From the early age, I ate this kind of food. I also have a health problem, a disease which was treated with corticosteroids and it is also known that they cause disturbances in the metabolism. As I said I decide to try to lose my weight by not eating late at night. Five years ago, I succeeded to lose about 10 kilos by not eating after 6 pm. I also plan to start doing some excercise, like yoga or pilates, or maybe to start with dancing. It`s really good idea. It crossed my mind while I`m writing it, when I`ve glanced at one of the last comments. I agree with Ali that it increases confidence and offers an incredible feeling. And also, dancing improves posture. I hope I`ll succeed.

• 54. At 11:57am on 18 Jan 2012, mariadonata pastori wrote:

I do some home exercises twice a week and I really feel better. Thank you. mariadonata

• 55. At 4:49pm on 18 Jan 2012, candy wrote:

I am a postgratuat student now and I am trying to go to gym 3 times a week, sometimes I do some workouts,sometimes I swim, and I like Zumba and Foxfit class, the teachers are really energetic!!! I like doing sports while listening to the music, it's amazing~

• 56. At 4:57pm on 18 Jan 2012, Napoli wrote:

I absolutely love sports, so for me is very easy to be fit.
    But sometimes when I don't have time, I try to control what I eat and to do more moviments, for example to choose going by walking, to avoid the lift ecc.

• 57. At 9:00pm on 18 Jan 2012, Wilson wrote:

well..I just eat anything I want and go to work in construction..thats far better than going to a gym!!

• 58. At 10:10pm on 18 Jan 2012, devair wrote:

Hi, l live in Brazil and here is too hot even on winter. I want to tell all that living in places very cold you can succeed by skipping rope as l do. The best way is, you skip for 45 second and rest for 30 seconds till you do it 20 times every day . You see your body sweating, Take cold water every 10 minutes . You improve your bones and your height at same time your endure. I m 46 years old and my belly is getting ok after 4 months. Enjoy it. ok?

• 59. At 10:19pm on 18 Jan 2012, Marcos wrote:

I try hardly to go to the gymn every other weekday where I work out my muscles and during the weekends I ride my byke at least 15Km.

• 60. At 00:04am on 19 Jan 2012, Onejay Choi wrote:

I just started exercise in a gim from the day before yesterday. Actually I have been started gym exercise most of every winter, but the problem is it did not last more than just few weeks. How can I keep doing exercise long?

• 61. At 00:09am on 19 Jan 2012, Juan wrote:

I try to make exercise in my home, at least three times per week. I have some weights and static bike and I complement with abdominals exercises.
    I like to swim, but unfortunately swimming pool is far from my home. When I was a child, I practices all days soccer, but now my friends and I grow and we don´t have enough time.

• 62. At 01:09am on 19 Jan 2012, keb wrote:

I like to eat less and watch what I eat. I do group exercise such as aerobic and zumba dance class. I do not go to the gym regularly due to different reasons; therefore, my weight is inconsistent. I love group exercise, but it requires discipline. My New Year resolution will be to stay committed.

• 63. At 02:05am on 19 Jan 2012, risamamachan wrote:

I often walk 10000 steps a day. I take care of walking in every situation. Sometimes I do exercise in my house before go to bed.

• 64. At 09:03am on 19 Jan 2012, mimo wrote:

Do u know that if u drink yeast before u go to sleep u can be fit, I did try it and its work.

• 65. At 11:49am on 19 Jan 2012, Mayanne wrote:

I like to walk for my city and I think that my alimentation is healthy.

• 66. At 12:41pm on 19 Jan 2012, Sophie wrote:

To do somme exercise I walk fast minimum 30 minutes a day. Once I tried 'pilate' which I really appreciate. Practicing depends on the time left to you and shouldn't be a stress.

• 67. At 12:55pm on 19 Jan 2012, Fanou wrote:

I practice dance regulary and go jogging when I can

• 68. At 3:13pm on 19 Jan 2012, Poaltj wrote:

I'm on a diet for 7 months. If you make your own rules and you want to lose weight, it's not that hard. In the Christmas time I cheated a little bit, but now I started again. Since a week I exercise also a little bit. I go every weekend for a little walk and every evening I do three little exercises. I have once in a week sports on school and I go every day by bicycle to school. I lost already more then fifteen kilo or thirty-three pounds so I'm very happy.

• 69. At 4:46pm on 19 Jan 2012, Frozen Sword wrote:

I used to go jogging everyday at night, no matter it's a sunny day or a freezing day, I lost 8 kilograms during that time, but now I don't keep that habit anymore, and you know, I gain 3 kilograms back :(

• 70. At 4:47pm on 19 Jan 2012, bonofranch wrote:

I try to do sport but when it's cold, when it's rain, when it's snow I don't want to do sport !!!!!

• 71. At 6:53pm on 19 Jan 2012, basak wrote:

First of all I try to be careful about what and how much I eat and eat less.Secondly, I play tennis regularly to keep fit but I also like playing badminton with my friends at school in PE lessons.During the summer time,I go hiking and biking with my family.In my opinion, keeping fit is related to how busy is your life so,busy life saves your body and health!

• 72. At 00:06am on 20 Jan 2012, fhoooody wrote:

I go to the Gym daily, and i follow a good and healthy regime.

• 73. At 2:09pm on 20 Jan 2012, Alice Soesoulfield wrote:

I'm a skinny person. That's why i don't do much exercise to keep fit. How ever I believe that exercise is very good for health. That's why i do jogging sometime when i feel it :)

• 74. At 3:03pm on 20 Jan 2012, Mao wrote:

I have played triathlon for 3 years and made exercise every day.
    But it is difficult for me to exercise alone every day, so I usually invite someone for the training.
    If I made a reservation for exercising with someone,I couldn't cancel the plan.
    This allows me to get exercise continuously.
    Persistence pays off!!
    So I think the best way to keep fit is training with someone.

• 75. At 5:18pm on 20 Jan 2012, Luwia wrote:

If you ask me what i do to stay fit, to be full of energy, i will say I choose dances:) I can't say i am a couch potato, but sometimes it is real hard to do exercises or to go jogging in the morning. That's why i prefer smth that not only make you fit,your muscles strong, but also entertains you) A lesson of jazz or latina flies so quickly,and you kgs melt quickly. Moreover you can enjoy music and be more plastic at the same time.It's a great exercise for brains as well as for memory becuase you need to remember all movements,count,feel music...Same is with step aerobics...As for me i also like cycling, but when frosty outside, you even can't dream about it. As to the gym,it is helpful for sure,but boring...you repeat all the same every day or twice per week and can easily give up. Food is also one half of success! Keep yourself fit,enjoy healthy food and be in a great mood:)

• 76. At 6:57pm on 20 Jan 2012, angela0220 wrote:

Well, I try don't eat a lot of fast foods, I prefer some fruits and vegetables because they are very healthy.

• 77. At 00:22am on 21 Jan 2012, Verónica wrote:

I love going to the gym and dancing when i'm alone in home or when i go out with my friends to the disco. Also I take care of what I eat everyday.

• 78. At 02:36am on 21 Jan 2012, userman wrote:

I like to running four times a week and I try to eat at the same hour.I don´t like the fastfood and I like the vegetable, fruit, natural juice and I drink a lot of water.

• 79. At 02:54am on 21 Jan 2012, castleontheriver wrote:

Personally for to keep me fit, I do not do anything too special. Just try to eat quality food moderating the amounts of those with too many calories. Also, during the week I use any free time or any excuse to walk.

• 80. At 06:46am on 21 Jan 2012, love you 12 wrote:

I usually do jogging .I don't care about eat how much and when to eat because I am energetic .I don't like to sit down .I rarely chat on Internet with my friends .I like meeting them and talk,share feelings ....

• 81. At 07:29am on 21 Jan 2012, Sergey wrote:

I go jogging every morning. Then I try to use every opportunity to get phisical training during a day. When I stay at home I can push-ups or catch-up, if you see a sports ground in the street you can also do some exercises. It doesn't take much time but helps you to keep fit.

• 82. At 08:01am on 21 Jan 2012, abdelhai wrote:

Salam .
    this is my first writing in this furom .and I couldn't watch the video .would you give some instructions friends.

• 83. At 08:44am on 21 Jan 2012, Mira wrote:

I go in for aerobics 3 times a week and do jogging 2 times a week.
    Also I am on a *life-diet*. Sea-products, fruits and vegetables, olive oil make marvelous things with my shape:)
    And one more important suggestion(especially for women): Eat less, but for your pleasure and never try to fix nerves with the help of food!

• 84. At 3:00pm on 21 Jan 2012, Eshan_BIW wrote:

I go to gym. I do yoga to keep myself physically fit. To be mentally fit, I do some meditations. I have also hired a personal trainer. I hope I'll be in a perfect shape as this is one of my the goal this year. Eating less is also good to stay you active and fit but I hardly follow this. And also I am eating dinner before 7 PM. I heard it is good for digestion. In India, most of the people eat dinner very late around 9 PM. I wish I stick to my plans and have a perfect year in every sense. All the best to all. Stay fit :)

• 85. At 4:27pm on 21 Jan 2012, lady56 wrote:

As for me, I walk a lot,
    I used to go in for sport.
    Besides one shouldn’t eat too much
    Not to resemble ball as such.
    And in the morning as a rule
    I go to the swimming pool,
    I take cold shower as well-
    It makes me fit I should you tell.
    The main thing- you must want be fit,
    Then you will be ok indeed

• 86. At 4:35pm on 21 Jan 2012, accordiane wrote:

I run every day during one hour in the mountains and I always eat biologic food. And above all I never eat between the meals.

• 87. At 5:47pm on 21 Jan 2012, Ohmurashka wrote:

There are three points in my way to keep fit. First, I do exercises for so-called "problem" zones of my body) I use the Internet and Youtube resources to find the complexes of exercises. Every time I choose another ones and select the exercises which seems to be more effective for me. I do such home fitness three times a week and a training takes for about two hours.
    Second, I go to the swimming-pool once a week, and I swim there without a break for a half an hour, the rest of the time I use there for special exercises under water. I feel I leave all my negative thoughts in the pool)
    And the last point in my sport field of life is visiting a sauna. It helps me not only to lose my weight, but also make my skin softer and more beautiful!

• 88. At 8:28pm on 21 Jan 2012, Nesr eldeen Arja wrote:

Well, personally I do like to keep fit, especially when having nice body just like those bodybuilders, simply what I do is everyday in the morning I run for about a mile, and do some exercise in the gym, and there is also something I'm always giving much attention to it, which is how and what to eat, i just have a complete schedule that tells me when and what to eat .

• 89. At 03:53am on 22 Jan 2012, Karina Rodriguez Castellanos wrote:

I really dont do exercises... I`m thin but I know everyone needs it to be fit!

• 90. At 10:09am on 22 Jan 2012, marzia caputo wrote:

i do zumba!!!!!

• 91. At 6:50pm on 22 Jan 2012, oxsol0 wrote:

I try to don't eat too much carb things and also working out every day atleat 30mins. You don't need to go to the gym every day just use stairs instaed elevator and make you busy always. Most importantly, keep track of what you eat everyday. Eat healthy and eat good carbs and fruits.

• 92. At 11:30pm on 22 Jan 2012, Jose Daniel Gamez Rodriguez wrote:

Hello

I´m 42 years old and I like to walk and to trot such as exercise this is good, I can lost extra weigth through it....My health has improved with that. I don´t like diets because always I hungry because the rations are so few or short. I prefer walk and trort every day and to eat healthy (vegetables, fruits, fish, yogurt, skim milk, ground bread, etcétera) I try don´t eat fried meal such potatoes, fish. Normally I don´t drink any sodas only water. I love vegetables soup

• 93. At 00:44am on 23 Jan 2012, Herry Susanto wrote:

I play badminton at least 3 times a week. I enjoy the game and it is one of popular sports in my country, Indonesia.

• 94. At 12:09pm on 23 Jan 2012, narrosgirl wrote:

To keep fit, I'm on Mediterranean diet, I go sometimes walking, or cycling or swiming; and I like yoga too.

• 95. At 7:44pm on 23 Jan 2012, Doctor Fabio Souza wrote:

Well, i follow a routine of workout and diet as a bodybuilding, despite i'm not a professional and not participate of competitions!!! It' s a lifestyle. Pumping iron!!!!

• 96. At 9:14pm on 23 Jan 2012, caduet wrote:

My suggestion change to eat habit low fat and low carbohydrate instead high protein and vegetables with sport activity helping to keep fit.

• 97. At 9:36pm on 23 Jan 2012, Ivagumo wrote:

I guess that is very important the way you take food every day. For instance, breakfast must be the main meal you take. Then lunch it's important too but less than breakfast, and dinner should be something really light. At the same time, you should eat little portions of food among meals as grain cereals bars or pieces of fruits. In that way your metabolism will be accelerated and in consequence your body will lose grease. Of course that way should be accompany with physical exercise like jogging or biking; Yoga is also an excellent way that gives you more benefits besides fitness.

• 98. At 02:26am on 24 Jan 2012, ketty wrote:

" You are what you eat." It's definitely a good saying. So watching out my diet and keeping the healthy life are the method to keep fit.

• 99. At 12:09pm on 24 Jan 2012, faten wrote:

I used to do every day exercises at home. I usually walk about half an hour to get my university and try to avoid getting there by bus. sometimes, almost once a week, I get out to a near park and do some jogging. I also try to have a lot of vegetables in my diet and take as less artificial sugar as possible. I think those simple things, when done together, are very helpful in keeping fit.

• 100. At 4:49pm on 24 Jan 2012, julian wrote:

Hi guys....i'm julian and i think that do some exercise is the most haealthy way if you want to feel happy and confident of yourself, at the beginnig is little be dificult but then the exercise will become in part of your life...

• 101. At 5:24pm on 24 Jan 2012, Kandan wrote:

Hi,

I am going to Gym 5 days in a week and Eat only Fruits and Green Vegetables and Chappthis. I feel that I have got some extra energy and mind in peaceful state after the exercise.Earlier I had less stamina and less energy so i decided to Join Gym .I would recommend you all to sleep early and awake early.You can try to utilize the free time in proper way as a result you will feel more confidence on you.

Regards
    Kandan

• 102. At 08:29am on 25 Jan 2012, Nardy wrote:

I like go to Gym every day, take care my food.... and I try to have and active life!!!!! I only stop when I go to bed ;)

• 103. At 12:19pm on 25 Jan 2012, Marc wrote:

My opinion is that Sports are very important for your weight, shape and mind. I workout almost every second day for about 1-2 h. Frequently excersises helps me to feel well and alway healthy and fit. My local gym is in a very close location so there are no more excuses. In order to keep my body fit i startet aditionally a workout in front of tv while using a videogame motionsystem. :D

• 104. At 2:36pm on 25 Jan 2012, ghercys wrote:

I Have two years going to gym, and it is grandiose the way that change your life. Do it.

• 105. At 4:32pm on 25 Jan 2012, Pearl2012 wrote:

i am house wife . i love to do my house work all by myself without using any machine like hoover and dishwasher etc. which helps to make me fit.and i don't use any vehicle to go for grocery from my local mall.

• 106. At 10:39pm on 25 Jan 2012, kualtsin wrote:

I do not have a car! I ride my bike, I walk a lot, I do my domestic chores and I eat whatever I want! Because we have only a one live.

• 107. At 01:21am on 26 Jan 2012, dana wrote:

Hello

In terms of healthy body, I think keeping fit it depends when and where we are doing exercise. Jogging, lighting activity, swimming, and etc. will help your health. An english proverb goes " Healthy body healthy mind". Research have been predicated that three out of four people will become overweight or obese in developed country in the next few years.
    I wish a healthy body to all
    Dan
    Plymouth

• 108. At 4:28pm on 26 Jan 2012, tanya259 wrote:

Hi
    To keep fit,I do jogging every saturday but the problem is I`m so tired because I need to get up so early!!!!I must continue because I`m already chubby and sport is the only way to stabilize my weight...I like eating too

• 109. At 00:06am on 27 Jan 2012, Cleo wrote:

I go to gym and do Pilates four days a week.

• 110. At 2:45pm on 28 Jan 2012, handona wrote:

Hiiii
    i think that sport is not just keeps your body fit physically but also it affects your mind positively.
    I go jogging 3 times a week at early morning,its very nice time i can breathe fresh air & having fun at the same time

• 111. At 10:01am on 29 Jan 2012, appreciate wrote:

I always go swimming when I'm free.I like swimming,because swimming is a good way to keep fit and I can feel very comfortable after I swim.I enjoy climbing mountain.I still remember I was climbing mountain when I studied in high school.The day was hot and I went with my friends, I really felt excited at the moment.

• 112. At 10:03am on 29 Jan 2012, appreciate wrote:

• 113. At 8:12pm on 29 Jan 2012, patbf wrote:

I do pilates three times a week in order to keep my muscles fine. Also I trie to walking an hour, three o four times a week in orden to do aerobic exercise.

• 114. At 11:50am on 01 Feb 2012, hadi wrote:

Good eating habit and physical exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness. It's the solution.

• 115. At 6:04pm on 01 Feb 2012, rasel wrote:

Fitness is very crucial for keeping healthy and to long live as well. Sound body depends on how is your dietary regime controlled by you. I always used to do jogging in the morning in park that makes me easier, energetic and keeping myself mind satisfaction to work whole day. Recently I purchased a gym instrument for exercise at home in the morning. Of course sometimes I go gym in the evening after office. To keep sound health I am very aware to have nutritious food such as eating a lot of vegetables, various fruits and lot of fresh mineral water. I run away from to taste spicy foods made by oil on footpath. I tell you a interesting story happened a few months ago in a hotel, I ordered a rich food that is fried potato chips made by dirty oil but I did not understand. That chips were very tasty so I got it for myself more and more and when it went my stomach I felt worse and throw all the chips to a girl standing just beside me. I felt very awkward and did not understand what was going on. This girl was very gentle and understood the situation was not happened willingly by myself. She admitted me in a hospital and paid all the fees needed to buy medicine. From that time she is my best friend and always be with me when I am upset. Anyway to keep fitness regular physical exercise is very important if it is for some days then you are facing some difficulties like pain and obesity to your body that is very unfortunate. Sugar free and less oiled food make you owner of sound healthier person. Wish you all getting fit to learn BBC Learning English every day. Thanks.

• 116. At 7:13pm on 01 Feb 2012, benoit wrote:

I try to walk three miles everyday, and, if it's possible, i take the staircase as soon i can..

• 117. At 09:20am on 03 Feb 2012, chadurala wrote:

My body weight is fit for my height, but the current generation peoples are too much eating meats, sweets and oily foods so definitely we have to do some regular exercise. I'm getting enough exercise from my work place even though I'm doing some extra exercise to keep my body healthier. joining fitness center is not affordable like me who are getting low wages but walking around football ground near your home better than fitness center. no cost, get fresh air, no need to wait timetable and good for your health...

• 118. At 10:31am on 03 Feb 2012, Nata_ly wrote:

I try to keep myself in fit taking an yoga exercises and go to gym every week, i can not say that i supporter of the proper and healthy diet,but i understand that good exercises should be conjugate along with a healthy diet, i hope that in near future i will be able to refuse to fatty food, but.... it will in the future and now babies......rokenrol!!!))

• 119. At 08:45am on 04 Feb 2012, selcuk wrote:

I never go on a diet to keep fit. Because I'm growing and I need energy. If I go on a diet,that won't be better for me.But I reduce drinking coke because it affects our body badly. I usually go swimming because swimming is the healthiest sport for us. And also I play basketball,football or table tennis..

• 120. At 2:54pm on 04 Feb 2012, 7amada wrote:

my life style makes me unaable to join a gem class, as my job as doctor i have no fixed or even partialy regular day and so i have irregular dietary habits . to make myself fit i tried to walk when even possible during my work day out and i make it a daily habit slo i am not following a weight loosing diet but i eat when i am so hungry and never get staffed by food that helped me alot .
    my opinoin is the graetest challenge facing weight looser is depression and frustration when they drop or miss something in the gem or diet schedule or taken as a joke by silly people , my advice is your body is your friend ( your child) not your enemy that you have to defet , be friedly to your self and forgive mistakes but keep on line and your plan, enjoy your life and lose weight.

• 121. At 3:10pm on 06 Feb 2012, nuenk wrote:

i try to keep fit by drinking 8 glasses of water every day..not lie and smile to other people, it makes you happy..and make other people happy too with your smile. happy life can make people healthy :D is'nt it?

• 122. At 02:14am on 07 Feb 2012, Trung88vn wrote:

I'm not a fat man and i don't need to lose weight.However, i also haven't ever done anything to keep fit before. Today after visiting this website, i think i have to change. Thanks BBC!

• 123. At 4:19pm on 11 Feb 2012, Cherry Chan wrote:

I rarely do the exercise. Too lazy! I hope do the more exercise in summer .

• 124. At 03:04am on 14 Feb 2012, Forres wrote:

Hello everyone, i enjoy running all the afternoons after a job's day...regards!! i relax so much...is like a contact with myself...try it!!...

• 125. At 02:19am on 16 Feb 2012, Carolina wrote:

Well, I live seven blocks from the biggest and most beautiful park in Buenos Aires where all kinds of people go jogging.

You can find seniors going together as couples, you can see young men running together... or even a whole family! Sometimes parents go with their baby and push the baby buggie all the way round the track, you can even enjoy the company of dogs with their owners.

In spite of leaving so near, (some people walk 25 blocks or come by car) I usually go for a month every single day, then I stop, then I start again, then I drop it once more... But if I count how much I go in a year it's just a third of the whole period.

I must say it's ridiculous, because I do enjoy going. I always carry my MP3 player with me, and I walk quickly while I listen to my favourite songs. I prefer to go on my own, cause everyone has their own pace! Plus I enjoy the peace and quiet and being surrounded by wonderful tall trees.

After writing and thinking about all this, I think I'll be going back soon!

• 126. At 00:22am on 23 Feb 2012, princessbeverley wrote:

• 127. At 00:26am on 23 Feb 2012, princessbeverley wrote:

due to my caring commitments of my son diabetic type1 and my disabled husband who has frontal temporal dementia, i am tied to the home, i try and keep busy with household chores and eating healthy, walk lots when on holiday. would love less stress

Downloads