Last updated at 13:30 GMT, Monday, 30 December 2013

New Year's resolutions

Every week we ask you a different question. Hear what people in London say, then join the conversation!

Do you make New Year's resolutions?

Do you make New Year's resolutions?

The Express English team

This is what some people in London told us:

Quit drinking, smoking and stop overeating are popular New Year's resolutions. But people recognise that it is necessary to be driven to stick to their decision to abandon bad habits.

One man said he relies on his wife to succeed. Another one thinks decisions like that have no use for him as he has nothing to give up!

Did you know?

Fact

University of Hertfordshire researchers followed 2,000 people who made a two-week resolution and found that just 30% of women stuck to their goals, compared with 37% of men. Researchers found that those who told family and friends about their plans were far more likely to succeed.

Language tip

'A goal' is an expression used in football but is also used to refer to an objective.

Cultural tip

When open fires were common in Scotland, clearing the ashes and laying a new fire for a new year was a good sign. So too, was the burning of juniper which was believed to ward off any evil spirits. The Scots call the New Year's celebrations Hogmanay.

End of Section

Now tell us what you think

Do you make New Year's resolutions?

Comments are now closed.

Comments

• 51. At 5:17pm on 31 Dec 2011, Denis Brazil wrote:

• 52. At 5:19pm on 31 Dec 2011, adelin jenny wrote:

i wish my family is more happy next year

• 53. At 8:32pm on 31 Dec 2011, castleontheriver wrote:

New Year's resolutions?. I think it's something most people think, but not all talk about it. In my case, I hope to be better from a big loss occurred in my family. Also, I will continue my studies in computer education.

• 54. At 00:47am on 01 Jan 2012, sonu wrote:

Happy New Year. Resolution is a big word for me. Every year I make resolution that I will wake up early in the morning.Or at least wake up by 8o,clock.But i can not keep up more than one week.This year....................fingers crossed.

• 55. At 04:42am on 01 Jan 2012, soniceguy wrote:

It's shame for me to learnt English from primary school until today but still can't be fully understanding what the real meaning during the conversation in English way some occasions, this year 2012, it's my resolution to pay more effort to improve my English either speaking & listening since I found the BBC Learning is a really stunning website for our Asian to learn better English here.

• 56. At 12:09pm on 01 Jan 2012, David wrote:

My New Year's resolution are, my family can keep their heath as well, and I can earn three billion dollars before 30 years old.

• 57. At 1:07pm on 01 Jan 2012, zhengyanting wrote:

Recently,I am planning what I want to do in 2012.Since I am a student ,on this winter holiday I 'll improve my English ,especially my spoken English. Besides,I like reading some books that written by famous writers and I'll also watch TVs that hosted by YangLan.
    Most of us have resolutions,so we'd better try our best to do it.
    Good luck to you all!

• 58. At 2:37pm on 01 Jan 2012, Khaled Hassan wrote:

To me, the "new year's resolutions" means that I am defining my faults and GAPs in the last year, and then updating my goals for the next year. I see this habit is very important as it gives meaning to live.

In Year 2012, Insha'Allah (God Willing), I am planning first to finalize my master degree in computer science which I started since 2008. Then I will register for the PhD program in computer science. I am trying to improve my English language skills and taking some certificates related to my work.

Hope GOD will help me on achieving my objectives.

• 59. At 2:39pm on 01 Jan 2012, Khaled Hassan wrote:

Happy new year

• 60. At 10:12am on 02 Jan 2012, soehtut wrote:

i was looking forward to 2012 because fortuneteller said that 2012 is lucky year for me .i can get what i want .i can meet a great opportunity in that year. however it's true or fault ,i will do mybest.i have intention to change some bad habits such as sleep late ,overeating and short temper.

• 61. At 1:39pm on 02 Jan 2012, 3sawy20 wrote:

my resolution for2012 improve my English and contain ajob beast wishes for my country egypt and all world

• 62. At 6:13pm on 02 Jan 2012, memavera wrote:

Well, I usually make resolutions for each new year, and even throughout the year, and a new years resolution for my opinion, is not something that we have to stick on it all over the year, because circumstances may change, and our interests as well. So, a new year resolution is only a vision for the path we are going to follow, and it may change according to it's results.
    This year, I'm planning to take up learning Spanish, carry on improving my English fluency and keep on improving my French level. Also, I have to persist on giving up sleeping a lot.
    Happy new year. Good luck for everyone, Keep on being good persons ^_^

• 63. At 6:14pm on 02 Jan 2012, memavera wrote:

What does the expression " overindulge themselves " mean?

• 64. At 00:39am on 03 Jan 2012, gotnw3 wrote:

Yes. I will make New Years's re-solution's. Most-ly re-garding hyphen's, apostrophes' and plural.

• 65. At 00:59am on 03 Jan 2012, anthony wrote:

In my resolution in 2012, first I'll make to improve my English

second I have plan to learn to play the guitar, on december in this year I'm going to sing with playing the guitar for wife

finally I want to make a lot of money, to invest stock for good Korea company such as Samsung, Hyundai/Kia Motors, LG electronics
    I hope everybody good lucky
    Happy new year!

• 66. At 07:30am on 03 Jan 2012, trangtrang wrote:

I plan to take an IELTS certificate, graduate from university with a good degree, and then apply for an internship program of AIESEC. In case I am not chosen for AIESEC's program, I will apply for an official job, then apply for another opportunity.

• 67. At 09:47am on 03 Jan 2012, ceci_westwood wrote:

I want to raise my standard of English since I can't communicate with foreigners fluently. I always rely on my body language to make someone understanding me. It is really pity! Therefore, I need to hard working and don't be afraid of chatting with others in English. I should try my best to achieve this goal. By now, I have to read the BBC website frequently.

• 68. At 12:08pm on 03 Jan 2012, Kandan wrote:

Hi,

I would like to concentrate on Studies from new year 2012 and will improve my written and oral communication skills as much as possible . I am wasting my time on social networking sites like facebook,Gplus. so will use social networking sites on weekly once that would be fine hereafter rather than using daily.Let's wait and see :)

Regards
    Kandan

• 69. At 1:00pm on 03 Jan 2012, svetlana wrote:

I made resolutions previous years, but I broke them as soon as The New Year started. This year I made the most important one. I firmly decide to lose my weight. I decide it while I was preparing for The New Year`s Eve, when I had nothing to wear. I could not buttoned the trousers that i planned to wear. I was too disappointed. I have no idea that I put on weight so much. I could wear these trousers two months ago. I have to avoid the sweets definitely.

• 70. At 1:10pm on 03 Jan 2012, Cindy wrote:

My resolution is to apply a master in the school, test my English (TOIEC) would be over 650 point.

• 71. At 5:08pm on 03 Jan 2012, siva wrote:

I wanna improve myself.I took one decision last year,so I put the effort and I wanna reach the goal. This is my year,I would like to break all the rules.

• 72. At 08:31am on 04 Jan 2012, icecream1980 wrote:

Reading one English news article everyday is my resolution for year 2012. Hope I could stick on it as long as I can :-P

• 73. At 10:12am on 04 Jan 2012, trampin wrote:

This year I want to focus on my work and my oral english. I do the resolution and will stick to it.

• 74. At 10:40am on 04 Jan 2012, dwh202 wrote:

My personal resolution is to get fit so I can recover quickly from a knee injury

My global resolution is to get more people from different cultures listening to more of each other's stories

My professional resolution is to direct more students to learningenglish (I'm an English teacher)

• 75. At 12:01pm on 04 Jan 2012, Syed Mohammad Zohaib wrote:

I conceive Happy New Year resolution is mandatory for everyone. Because, their should be a forecasting for better career opportunity, life and move forward with new perception. Like, this year I have planed to move Australia for professional Jobs and safer life and for this I have registered IELTS for next month. Moreover, improving my vocabulary. Therefore, I can meet International English standard.

• 76. At 12:44pm on 04 Jan 2012, Mimi wrote:

my new year's resolution is..... BE A HAPPY PERSON!!! don't be negative! sounds easy right? but it's so hard for me to do so... yeah i'm trying :)

• 77. At 1:30pm on 04 Jan 2012, salih wrote:

I haven't got any resolution for new year. But frankly, when I saw this new topic, I just wanna make one. If I had a resolution about new year, it'd be include making a right decison about my future. In 2011, I couldn't make right decison about my life, such as choosing job, I wish 2012 would be different. There is no other thing off the top of my head. I wish that 2012 will be bring peace, love and health for all people.

• 78. At 1:34pm on 04 Jan 2012, Jannie wrote:

Last year I spent some big problems in my life. It made me realize many things I have to change in my thinking. So from the beginning of new year, I have to be more determined in all the decisions and choices in every moment of my life. Actually, I don't want to have feelings of regret any more.

• 79. At 3:58pm on 04 Jan 2012, Thein Lin Aung wrote:

My new year resolution is to improve my English speaking and listening skills. And then, I will try to do well in my exams and projects.

• 80. At 03:50am on 05 Jan 2012, Amanda Hsu wrote:

Yes, I have New Year's resolution. I'm applying a Master program in this autumn of UK. First of all, I must get a good IELTS to qualify the condition. Secondly, I hope I can see London Olympic in live. This year is a considerable change for my career. Really hope myself can stick my aim.

• 81. At 11:40am on 05 Jan 2012, JA wrote:

My new year's resolution is the same every year.
    It's to improve my English and loose weight.
    English skill is essential to my business but because of luck of opportunity to speak my English, my speaking and listening skill remains poor.
    I would like to try my best to improve my English skill by taking a lesson of English or increasing opportunity to go to abroad.
    And in order to loose weight, I will keep playing Wii's dancing game with my wife.

• 82. At 4:16pm on 05 Jan 2012, diana motrescu wrote:

My New Year 's resolutions focus on taking lead of my own life, live life on my own terms and guide myself after two principles: integrity and excellence.

These ideas are not mine, belong to Anthony Robbins but I value them at their most.

• 83. At 4:23pm on 05 Jan 2012, Maria Virgínya wrote:

For 2012 I have any resolutions.... the first one is to be better mom, and wife, and professional, day after day.
    The second one is have a nice body.... I think I don't need lost weight, only do exercise for my body has beautiful curves, so next week i'll come back to the gym.
    The third one is improve my English.... I intend be an English teacher so I need hard work for to be one....
    These are my resolutions for 2012, and what are yours???

Have a wonderful year for everyone!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

• 84. At 06:14am on 06 Jan 2012, AYTAN wrote:

i wanna I will be win successes in my career.because i want it very much,i believe it.and i wish to all successes too

• 85. At 9:57pm on 07 Jan 2012, alex wrote:

I'm a kind of person who makes resolutions not only in New Year's Eve, but much more often,because in my opinion if you want to be a winner you should always have some resolutions,some your goals. I have resolutions on different periods of time - a day, a season and a year. And, of course, I've made resolutions on next year. 2012 will be very important for me - I'm graduating university, finding new job and taking FCE exam. So my resolutions are graduate university with red diploma,pass FCE successfully, get new well-paid and promising job.
    I hope all you'll stick your resolutions!!!

Happy New Year to everybody!!!Good luck!!!

• 86. At 11:36am on 08 Jan 2012, Italianman wrote:

Before making resolutions, what does the third point in the video 'She holds me to account' mean? Thanks and Happy New Year to everybody!

• 87. At 04:36am on 10 Jan 2012, duyanh wrote:

My resolution in 2012 is to improve my English enough to study abroad. I am going to take the Master degree next year.I will do anything to make my resolution comes true anyway.

I hope my families and everybody are healthy, lucky in new year. The economy crisis will go out .Wishing the world are peaceful and have no any disasters.

• 88. At 8:39pm on 10 Jan 2012, pierre wrote:

I don't make New Year's resolutions. Because I don't stick to them. But I will succeed my studies.

• 89. At 01:22am on 11 Jan 2012, pikmin wrote:

My New years resolution is start exercise. I dont like exersice because it makes me tired.
    But I have to do this year because I dont have stamina. Like I can not run long distance. I am 19years old, my stamina like a old person. If I get stamina, I 'd like to start tennis.

• 90. At 01:29am on 11 Jan 2012, xKxKx wrote:

I have many new year's resolutions.
    I wanna improve my English.I wanna learn French more.
    I hope my family can keep their health as well.
    I wanna travel foreign countries.

I learn a lot of things!!!=)

• 91. At 01:30am on 11 Jan 2012, xKxKx wrote:

I have many new year's resolutions.
    I wanna improve my English.I wanna learn French more.
    I hope my family can keep their health as well.
    I wanna travel foreign countries.

I learn a lot of things!!

• 92. At 01:31am on 11 Jan 2012, mameshiba wrote:

This year I want to save money for travel.
    I want to visit world heritages.

• 93. At 01:31am on 11 Jan 2012, naaaaasan wrote:

I should stop overeating and start exercising. I lose weight!

• 94. At 01:13am on 12 Jan 2012, tweetsfromUY wrote:

My new years resolutions are :
    1- to save money
    2- keep on swimming
    3- to be more organized
    4-the last but not less important, to stick on them !

• 95. At 4:56pm on 12 Jan 2012, Norautich wrote:

I do respect the resolution as much as possible the speed limits and less to eat Mcdich

• 96. At 5:06pm on 12 Jan 2012, thtr wrote:

For this new year:

-I want to have good marks.
    -I want to weigh 75kg.
    -I want to do more and more sport.
    -I want to make things cleaner in my love life.

• 97. At 03:31am on 13 Jan 2012, thekentaro wrote:

My resolutions are to workout regularly and cut back on my drinking. Healthier life style, so to speak.

• 98. At 09:10am on 13 Jan 2012, Egomax wrote:

For the new year, I commit to make a baby with my girlfriend. If I break this resolution, I commit to marry her.

• 99. At 1:57pm on 15 Jan 2012, emama wrote:

My New Year's resolution is go to bed early because I can't wake up in the morning.
    I often late to school, so I want to cut the number of my lateness.

• 100. At 04:04am on 16 Jan 2012, Dilla wrote:

My New Year's resolution on 2012 are hope in this year I can graduate from my college with a good mark, I will reach my goal then be a success and better girl.. Break a leg girl!!

• 101. At 11:31am on 16 Jan 2012, kikirara wrote:

Yes,I made a New Year's resolution . I promised myself to become a gentle and good mother and not to scold my children too much. But after a half day, the promise was broken.
    I scolded them strictly as usual. I'd like to know how I can control myself when my children behave badly.

• 102. At 11:10pm on 16 Jan 2012, Xchel Rivera wrote:

Every year I´m made new year`s resolutions, nevertheless as soon as the new year enter I`m done with everyone of them.

• 103. At 03:36am on 17 Jan 2012, love you 12 wrote:

Actually,I hardly to control myself.Last year I made some promise but now I forget all about it.So I think my solution in the New Year is copy and paste all your resolution then print them and sticky them on the wall.When I wake up I can read and firmly with myself 'I can do it'.

• 104. At 5:20pm on 17 Jan 2012, ElodieFr wrote:

This year, I don't make new years resolutions because last year I didn't stick to them and it's not very important for me.

• 105. At 09:32am on 18 Jan 2012, MeganBitti wrote:

My resolution is to make the sport !

• 106. At 5:07pm on 18 Jan 2012, candy wrote:

The year 2012 is really important to me, I have so many dreams I want to make them come true! Now I am a postgratuated student in the UK, so I want to finish my study seccessfully and break through the barrier of language and culture. Then I want to find a job here if it is possible. I hope I can make a good decision which suit me best after graduation. besides, I really miss my family and my boyfriend so much so I hope everything goes well with them and the end of the world won't come.

• 107. At 8:01pm on 18 Jan 2012, d6ominika wrote:

I made up some New Year's resolutions because this year is crucial for my future. I have some serious exams which decides if i get into my dreamy university. So i practice math and drawing every day because my goal is to study architecture. Here in Poland we have some extremely difficult entrance examinations for architecture. I have to draw something superb in a short time on pretty big size. Wish me luck! Also I've loved English since i was a little kid, but i'm so ashamed about my skills. I discovered this site few days ago so I'm listening to podcasts every day while drawing and i have to admit that it's the best site for learning English in the whole Internet! I hope this year i will improve my skills to speak fluently and understand auditions on BBC Radio 1,2,3 etc.. cause right now it's too hard for me to understand! Happy New Year everyone!

• 108. At 4:15pm on 19 Jan 2012, philippaschmitt wrote:

I didn't take resolutions this year, not because I think that I'm perfect and I have nothing to change, but because if I take a resolution, and then I don't stick to it, I will be discouraged and I would be remiss. In fact I think that resolutions is something people should make when they really have the will to change something, not necessarily the 1st January !

• 109. At 7:41pm on 19 Jan 2012, marierima wrote:

I don't have New Year resolutions, because I know that I break them every year ! The worst resolution for me would be to stop smoking, but this could be a good thing, I know !!!

• 110. At 5:28pm on 20 Jan 2012, Luwia wrote:

My New Year's resolution sounds: worry less,stay away from stress,visit more countries,help parents and your dearest and nearest, to end thesis...airballooning, study German, be happy)

• 111. At 9:24pm on 20 Jan 2012, AnaisCa wrote:

I don't make new year's resolutions because I never stick to them. May be I can be nicer !

• 112. At 04:24am on 21 Jan 2012, ayapi123 wrote:

My new years Resolution is to weigh 48kg and improve my English skill.

• 113. At 11:16am on 22 Jan 2012, Victoria wrote:

My New Year's resolutions are to give up laziness and work at school, to improve myself at jumping and win a contest with the horse I like and finally, to go out with friends more often before we go away for studies.

• 114. At 2:37pm on 22 Jan 2012, GaelMontaigne wrote:

This year, I decide to working at school and don't doing party all week-end, drinking alcoohol, smoking, ... I decide to working at school because the study are very important for the future but not the party ...

• 115. At 11:10am on 23 Jan 2012, Lassou wrote:

This year i would like to do everything what i have not make last years:)

• 116. At 8:40pm on 23 Jan 2012, LiilySvdr wrote:

This year I promised to eat less and I want to go training everyweek . I commited to working more at school.
    However, I didn't have much resolutions because I don't waiting for the New Year's day to make it.

• 117. At 11:39am on 24 Jan 2012, Nessim wrote:

This year i would like to work more at school and home to improve my notes :D

• 118. At 11:50am on 24 Jan 2012, dogiii wrote:

this year I would like to stop smoking and I would like good result in School and my sport :)

• 119. At 12:04pm on 24 Jan 2012, chicharito52 wrote:

This year I would like good result in Math and English
    I would like to always present in school
    I would like to stop smoking..

• 120. At 12:11pm on 24 Jan 2012, Adelinekury wrote:

This year, I decided the lose weight and i don't have other resolutions because i always break them.

• 121. At 12:37pm on 24 Jan 2012, Boubou wrote:

Hello this year i want to make a good scolarity in my school and I will more go the trainig because I want to win in my sport and enter in the french team . SUR CE CIAO

• 122. At 12:38pm on 24 Jan 2012, Boubou wrote:

• 123. At 4:57pm on 24 Jan 2012, Marianne_68 wrote:

This comment has been referred for further consideration. Explain

• 124. At 6:37pm on 24 Jan 2012, Emilie wrote:

For this New Year I decided not to take a lot of resolutions to be able to all hold. First, I decided to do some sports at least one time a week to lose some kilograms. Then I decided to work more to pass my exams..
    And finally, I decided to spend more time with my mum that I love :)

• 125. At 6:37pm on 24 Jan 2012, Warwick-Vintage wrote:

Every year i try to make new year's resolutions..but i never stick to them...(i'm a complete diseaster!) So, i stop doing it. But for fun, i always think about what i could stick to or do. For example, this year, i would like to stop smoking! ... i've nothing else to give up! ow, hum.. maybe, stop sleeping in class, and stop dreaming kissing Anakin Skaywalker every night...AND also stop singing janis joplin, duffy, sinead O'connor under my shower.. and i've got MANY OTHER things i have to stop i think.. well, anyway, we have all something to stop!
    XO!

• 126. At 9:05pm on 24 Jan 2012, crebrassier wrote:

For this new year I decided to stop being rude. That's not really charming to hear a girl say bad words. In addition it's not polite. I mean I'm this way because of my friends ,but I'm drivent si I'll stick to my resolution.

• 127. At 10:26am on 25 Jan 2012, Laure1ere4 wrote:

For 2012 I hope I'll not fall pregnant again for the 20th time. I'll also try to graduate at school. But what I want the most is to win a lot of money !

• 128. At 4:43pm on 25 Jan 2012, Jade_104 wrote:

I will eat less because I would like to loose weight. I would like stop drinking because I have too much car accident. I hope I will married Ashton Kutcher !

• 129. At 5:11pm on 25 Jan 2012, jujuenglish2 wrote:

This year I will try to eat less. I would also like being more kind with mu sis ters. I made the resolution to do more sportseveral times a week so I can go to the swimming pool more relaxed. I will try to learn to manage my stress, and the most important resolution according to my mom: take out my dog.

• 130. At 5:24pm on 25 Jan 2012, ElNinio68 wrote:

I have the will to succeed my school year in order to perform well around the world. This year I also won the lottery. Finally, I want to climb to the ATP tennis.
    Finally, I wish happiness to everyone

• 131. At 5:37pm on 25 Jan 2012, oreymond wrote:

For this new year, I decided to make good resolutions. First I will try to be nicer to my relatives and help with the house chores. Then I decided to spend less time on the computer; especially on Facebook. Finally, I decided to put all the chances on my side by working enough to pass my high school diploma (exam) in the best conditions.

• 132. At 5:44pm on 25 Jan 2012, rebecca wrote:

I commit to don't following peoples and stay ever and ever the same, me, with my values. So, this years I will try to do exercise more, work hard more and BE POSITIVE !

• 133. At 8:19pm on 25 Jan 2012, Helene_N wrote:

This year, I will try to learn to love my body. I made the resolution to forget my horrible pimple and my small breasts :P
    But seriously, I intend to work to pass the exam season. It's the first time that I make a resolution and I am driven to stick to them.

• 134. At 8:23pm on 25 Jan 2012, valine68 wrote:

This year I decided to redo gymnastics. I have been practising it for 6 years and I stopped it a few years ago after injuring my back. I miss it . My back almost recovered but I was scared of not regaining my level. But this year I will do it even tought I fear to hurt me again. I am driven so I will stick to my decision .

• 135. At 9:04pm on 25 Jan 2012, Isaure wrote:

This year, I intend to stop bedding down me because I'm often tired. I intend to improve myself in classes, to stop being defeatist. I intend to be more positive. I intend to be more kind of my brother. I would like to finding my inner poise. Really, this year, I commit to putting things into perspective.

• 136. At 9:42pm on 25 Jan 2012, paloma-s wrote:

This year I made the resolution of me reconciled with my mother, to make a success of my studies to be able to change my life and maybe be lucky to continue my studies later. I made the resolution also to trust more me

• 137. At 10:24pm on 25 Jan 2012, Horpi wrote:

Hello all the world! This year will be successful with the love and the congratulations. I successfully pass from will my examination with hope of I. I will find a beautiful friend and I will be the best trainer of pokem… Noo d' Oh. I am sorry :-( New happy year !

• 138. At 10:50pm on 25 Jan 2012, srajaonson wrote:

This year I intend to realize all my resolutions I took for 2011. So it means that I will try to smile more to people I see everyday. Then I would like to be better in everything I will do ,especially in music and guitar because my actual level is really bad. To conclude I want to begin to work during the Summer and earn money for the first time of my life !

• 139. At 10:51pm on 25 Jan 2012, asencanfly wrote:

• 140. At 10:52pm on 25 Jan 2012, asencanfly wrote:

• 141. At 10:56pm on 25 Jan 2012, asencanfly wrote:

For this new year, I decided to sign in to FC Barcelona. I'm sure that playing with big stars like Messi, Iniesta and Xavi will be awesome! I don't like to say it but, I will earn a lot of money thanks to this club! I also hope the best for everyone, and a peaceful world!

• 142. At 00:09am on 26 Jan 2012, s_thibaut wrote:

This year, I decided to working more in school but also to looking more my notebooks at home (particularly language).
    I also will try to stop drinking for be more concentrate in class. I would like to buy a car, prefreably a mercedes. But I am a complete disaster to stick to my resolutions. In general, i count on my will to improve myself.

• 143. At 9:06pm on 27 Jan 2012, Francky68 wrote:

This year I decided to work in progress and work even at home for better results. I want to improve and show others that I am able to get good results. I want to work as hard for my successful test at the end of the school year. This is my only goal for this year 2012.

• 144. At 1:54pm on 29 Jan 2012, Enzo Boggio wrote:

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions... but anyway, this year I'm trying to do more physic exercise (but I'm afraid I'm not doing it as much as I'd like), also I want to improve my French, maybe learning a bit of German at the end of the year and an important one: going out more often with my friends.

Oh!! I almost forget!! And passing MATHS, wich are getting very difficult for me lately... :S

• 145. At 7:51pm on 29 Jan 2012, Nicolas1337 wrote:

This years I would like to get better marks , work .
    I dont care about resolutions so i dont get a lot of them , i dont need to wait the end of 2011 to make resolutions.
    Nicolas DT

• 146. At 08:21am on 31 Jan 2012, Kelly who wanna Eng fluent wrote:

I always try to keep my New year's resolutions but as time went by I forgot.
    but again I am making resolutions.
    first, I will go to chuch on sundays.
    second, as I am a new employee, I will be more energetic, positive.
    third, I will save a lot of money this year. not to waste my money on clothe, cosmetic.
    fourth, It's not my plan just my hope. I hope I could wait for my boyfriend with patient. cause he is going to Canada for sixmonth.

lastly I will never have my hair cut.

• 147. At 6:15pm on 31 Jan 2012, Thuvaraka wrote:

• 148. At 6:16pm on 31 Jan 2012, Thuvaraka wrote:

• 149. At 2:48pm on 06 Feb 2012, 7amada wrote:

my new year resolutions driven by the new year , to be more resposible in my marital life as expected to have a baby this year also to quit smoking still i am smoking outdoors but i have to gather my confidence to give up all . think more about future and try to offer the baby and my wife the best i can on both financial and social aspects. in my career i ll adopt a new policy to upgrade myself trying to join overseas fellowship to gain more experince . also ill never make my mother mad of me and be more supportive and kind.
    i am thinking that the new year spirit can be created any time of year , once you make a plan , collect motivations just start up your engine and stuck to your ideas and plans
    so it may be any night of the year and seek for a close friend share with him your ideas and feeling and ask him to support you , advise you if you are out of the track.

• 150. At 5:00pm on 13 Feb 2012, rasel wrote:

I forgot to make my resolutions for this year. I am going ahead roughly that is very disappointing. To change my life for bright future and leave legacy it is very important found myself in disciplined way and manner. As I realize nowadays , so I promise today find myself under some resolutions that is never broken. My life purpose is to live, love and leave contribution to society. I am determined to save money to disburse its to welfare of mankind with money savvy for my accounts to bank and other wealth belongs to me for building orphanage, library, school as well as university which throws unending contribution to mankind forever. I would like to establish a charitable hospital for poor who are not afford cost for better treatment. These all are my resolutions I made on my memory today. But implications depends on my God Who will give me strength and confidence and blessing of all my family members as well as support of my society with spirit of transparency. Please wish me good luck. Bye for now. Happy new year again if it is late to say .But time is a great mystery that has no ends without God's permit.

1. Home