Last updated at 13:09 GMT, Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Stress

Every week we ask you a different question. Hear what people in London say, then join the conversation!

What makes you feel stressed?

Join the conversation. What makes you feel stressed? Use the form below to let us know.

The Express English team

Exam pressure makes people feel stressed. Friends and girlfriends also seem to make people feel stressed!

So what do people do to beat the stress? Some set goals and work hard to achieve them. Others get away from it all and go for a walk.

Did you know?

Fact

Although stress is seen as a negative thing it can help us perform better and even motivate us.

Language tip

Stress can mean mental pressure or to emphasise the pronunciation of a word or syllable.

Cultural tip

In the Buddhist faith, meditation is one of the methods used to deal with stress.

End of Section

Now tell us what you think

What makes you feel stressed?

Comments are now closed.

Comments

• 1. At 1:22pm on 03 Oct 2011, moehbon wrote:

Pressure from professors at university, pressure from my uncle, pressure from my parents, in these days study is very hard, because the competion is bigger so you have to study for get a good job. [Unfinished comment removed by Moderator]

• 2. At 2:11pm on 03 Oct 2011, BondarenkoAP wrote:

I feel the stressed when I haven’t regular work. I'm learning English and it’s my answer for beat the stress. I think I’m not alone with this problem. In this days it’s crucial question in the world.

• 3. At 2:43pm on 03 Oct 2011, Vincent_Auvergne wrote:

I feel stressed by my professional situation and the world economic crisis.

• 4. At 2:45pm on 03 Oct 2011, seeralan wrote:

Whenever i thought i didn't use my full potential in any part of my life i feel stressed.

• 5. At 3:17pm on 03 Oct 2011, TheFugitive wrote:

My family!

• 6. At 3:20pm on 03 Oct 2011, kyntire wrote:

It would be better to ask what doesn't make me feel stressed actually! As a matter of fact, I feel stressed most of the day for whatever reason. I think this is due to the fact that I'm kind of prone to feel the pressure wherever it may come from. Work makes me worry, as well as children health does; other stressful matters are family budget and unforseen expenses, for instance. The list might go on and on, since my being stressed by my own worries about health, physical shape, weight and so on. Finally, I am also stressed by the simple fact that I cannot tumble the real reason of my stress at all ...

• 7. At 3:39pm on 03 Oct 2011, sandeep wrote:

Doing lots of thing in a go, make me feel stressed. And I know I always try to do what I want but I never continue that until I finish and it makes me feel stressed. I wanna get rid of it but I know it’s not just cake walk

• 8. At 3:40pm on 03 Oct 2011, muluca wrote:

while ı do something under pressure,ı feel a little stress. it is good for me because a little stress brings achievement. but ıf ı have no time on some project,there is a lot of stressful time and ı need a chance that ı beat the stress.

• 9. At 5:49pm on 03 Oct 2011, Serkan wrote:

As I concerned,Our all responsibities cause stress in order to get rid of them , the best way is a long vacation

• 10. At 5:54pm on 03 Oct 2011, anton wrote:

i think stress has become a part of my life. there are many things of stres, such as exam, homework, and even a quarrel with friend. of course, there are many ways to release our stress, listening to music, playing sports, singing, eating, talking with your good friends and so on and so forth. personally, the most important thing is that don't accoumlate stresses in our life.

• 11. At 9:12pm on 03 Oct 2011, Katka wrote:

I feel stressed when my familly (my doughter, my son and my husband) wants me to do a lot of things together in one time (often in one evening/night).

• 12. At 9:35pm on 03 Oct 2011, aidas70 wrote:

what makes me feel stressed ?I can tell you mostly people.People who misbehave ,people who are impolite ,rude , noisy or talk behind your back.

• 13. At 9:55pm on 03 Oct 2011, alicianoia wrote:

I am stressed when I have a lot of tasks to fulfil before the deadline. Another fact wich stressed me a lot is when my daughter is ill.

• 14. At 10:42pm on 03 Oct 2011, BOB0909 wrote:

Stress is a common part of our life.Extremely, for a man. Men have a lot of obligations. One of them is they have to surpport their family. If you have a wife, then it is your duty to make her
      life interesting . You should not make her feel stressful. And also they need to have a career. If theywant to successful in
      his career, they also have to do a lot of extra work. Even through they still have a huge shot to face failure.

• 15. At 10:47pm on 03 Oct 2011, sara-sara wrote:

right now iam really under huge pressure and Ithink there are many reasone to make you feel stressed one of them for example
      my Dear MOM my Angle (I really loves her ) she is alwayes misunderstand me and that makes me feefrustrated.
      umm thinking about my future is also makes me feel stressed
      although I know that there is bright future waiting for me but at the same time there are alot of obstacles that I have to ovecome to reach this future ,In other words ther are alot of work watiting for me .

• 16. At 11:04pm on 03 Oct 2011, csepelside wrote:

If I have a lot of work at the same time I feel stressed. However, it can also help me to act more succesfully. Generally speakig I like working under pressure of stress because it motivates me to achieve better results.

• 17. At 01:22am on 04 Oct 2011, Sonia wrote:

Sometimes I feel stressed when I have to do many things in the same time. When I have to run to get to on time this make me feel stressed too.

• 18. At 01:46am on 04 Oct 2011, tenocht wrote:

what makes me feel stressed? my boss, traffic jams,
      my noisy neighbours,

• 19. At 03:09am on 04 Oct 2011, sowork wrote:

Work makes me feel stressed when I don't work it out. Then, I set a goal to achieve it and just focus on it. It's the same story about exams. To get a good salary, I have to get some qualifications. To get those things, I have to study a lot. But it also spend much time. This makes me stressed as well.

• 20. At 04:19am on 04 Oct 2011, GOVINDAY wrote:

Dealing with Work force is very stressful thing but we get away from it by motivating them regularly.

• 21. At 07:31am on 04 Oct 2011, lvq52 wrote:

I always face with stress on daily life.
      In the morning, I wake up early and rush to the office in traffic jam. It takes a long time to get through the crowd with full of smoke and dust.
      At the company, I work with schedule and try my best to finish before deadline unless I want to be fired. In addition, I get stress in colleague-ship, some treat me not well and make difficult for me to do my job.
      Coming home, I continue to do housework, it’s really not a simple job. It’s not only make me tired but also bring to me worries about money. It means that I must usually think how to afford my family life with my salary.

• 22. At 08:01am on 04 Oct 2011, 周小妹 wrote:

earn money to support my famlily and how to go along with my boyfriend make me feel stressed.

• 23. At 10:08am on 04 Oct 2011, pubu wrote:

I'm stress when I haven't any business.

• 24. At 10:33am on 04 Oct 2011, iesty wrote:

preparing the exam in a very short time.
      passing the hard problem & accepting the complaining from the client or bos.
      But the hard things is such really satisfy us after passing it.

• 25. At 10:46am on 04 Oct 2011, Elkagirl wrote:

Have to finish a lot of things/works in a short time :-S

• 26. At 11:16am on 04 Oct 2011, Vera_Kuzub wrote:

There are many things which can make me feel stressed. It is may be pressure and problems at work or at home. There are situations when you must make something very quickly but you can't. And it is not your fault but you are feeling youself terribly and guilty. You can't deside task or problem. You can't sleep because of this. And of course You can feel stress if you are simply tired. You must have rest and all be good.

• 27. At 11:29am on 04 Oct 2011, pierre news wrote:

Everyday, when i must go to my shool, I feel nervous about facing to face with my teachers. It's my stress.

• 28. At 12:37pm on 04 Oct 2011, farooq ch wrote:

Pressure to be good in all circumstances makes stress

• 29. At 12:57pm on 04 Oct 2011, roos wrote:

what makes me stressed is being in a situation who is very uncertain.
      for instance whem I am walking in the streets being approached by several unknown people.
      Do they have friendly intentions?
      Perhaps, perhaps not!

• 30. At 2:30pm on 04 Oct 2011, 1987Alex wrote:

Now people are facing more and more stress than before.For me ,the IELTS exam gives me so much stress.I have to pass this exam for my master study. Then ,looking for a job is another thing that make me feel stressed because of the fierce competition.

• 31. At 3:27pm on 04 Oct 2011, Daisyvn wrote:

pressure from work, from the plan of studying abroad, from the fact that boyfriend's so busy :(

• 32. At 5:19pm on 04 Oct 2011, Quyen wrote:

How to find out a good husband is my small stress nowadays:) I'm 24 now, my relationships and many people ask me about a lover and when will you get married...

• 33. At 6:57pm on 04 Oct 2011, FATIMA wrote:

Stress is devided into two parts.One is good for us like stress before exams , presentations or interviews .The other one is bad for our health because it may cause some health problems like high blood pressure and diabetes.This kind of stress should be avoided.For example stress from work,traffic, family and children.

• 34. At 7:28pm on 04 Oct 2011, Soler wrote:

Pressure in work it makes me seriously stressed and cope with it takes so many energy. It's really hard.

• 35. At 9:32pm on 04 Oct 2011, DainDana wrote:

I got pressure from English..

I arrived in Lancaster on 15 september and it is

too hard to undersand british english....

I want to get over this well and hope to get familiar with everything in here.

• 36. At 9:36pm on 04 Oct 2011, tahira wrote:

there are many things that make me feel stressed for example school pressure when I know that I have to learn for sth. but I haven t done it yet but also I feel stressed when I have to prepare sth yet or when get in a fight with other people just because of diffrent way of thinking I feel afterwards a little bit guilty...so this are the main points which make me feel stressed...

• 37. At 9:49pm on 04 Oct 2011, Vik wrote:

I feel stressed due to possibility of global recession and job loss. Also staying away from family and friends and long distance relationships are stressful.

• 38. At 00:09am on 05 Oct 2011, Cleversson wrote:

When I have a lot of homework to do at the last moment before I need. I dislike the fact that I am like a christmas turkey always die at the christmas eve-day. So I get stressed and almost all cases I dont finish any work.

I'd like to be an organized person. Oh Gosh!

• 39. At 01:34am on 05 Oct 2011, ahmedalper wrote:

ambiguity and instablity makes me stress..

• 40. At 02:18am on 05 Oct 2011, Pumadecorazon wrote:

I feel stressed when my dog doesnt Pay attention to my commands!

• 41. At 02:58am on 05 Oct 2011, Mika wrote:

What makes me stress is, my future ..
      I'm afraid if I see my future ahead ..
      I'm afraid not success, because if I did not work then my brothers would stay away from me.
      What should I do?

• 42. At 03:39am on 05 Oct 2011, Winnie Yau wrote:

A lot of things in life stress me out. But the pressures mainly come from tests and exams, especially when you aim at getting a high score but you fail. I feel unhappy and feel stressed and I have to force myself to work extremely hard in order to get better result next time.

• 43. At 06:55am on 05 Oct 2011, samoanlawyer wrote:

What makes me feel stressed is likely to the comments above: work, studies, money, a lot of things what to do and about what to think...But I would like to clarify that what I think is the reason of the biggest feeling of stress for me is the wrong intention of two do too much things in a time too short. In other words, the reason of my stress is the bad planification of my time.

• 44. At 07:25am on 05 Oct 2011, DY Kim wrote:

Nowdays, I learn playing golf. So I feel stress when my golfball is going to out of bound area. I really want that my golfball just go straight

• 45. At 10:13am on 05 Oct 2011, salih wrote:

I'll touch the issue of stress related the language. Right now, there are other problems causing stress for me but I'd like to touch stress about foreign language. I have been in the process of learning and practise of english for many years. In my country, I don't have partner to practice for speaking and writing so it cause me feel stress for not achieving enough speaking and writing skill. Learning foreign language requires daily practice and effectively and frequently studying so you need to have spare time for studying also you need to study effectively. I don't have enough spare time due to my working shifts so I'm worry whether I can reach the high skill while I've adequate practice and working. In conclusion, speaking and writing makes me feel stress.

• 46. At 10:37am on 05 Oct 2011, salih wrote:

The other stressful issue related the foreign language is that writing words as a correct way. I mean, I know lots of the words through reading but when it comes to writing these words I can't write some words correctly and sometimes I encounter the difficulties for creating the correct grammer structure. All of these problems can be overcome through enough practice. But regarding the reading and listening, you can practice easily without having a partner. But regarding the speaking and writing, you need a partner in order to write and speak. It is the stressful situation for me especially in my country because there are a few person whose skills enough to speak and write in english. So I need to look other options such as finding penpal in other countries I can write frequently.But these kind of friendship can't continue longer and I have to search to find proper person in order to maintain practice mutually. But it is hard to find proper person for me nowadays. So I'm stressful about what should I do to maintain practice.

• 47. At 10:47am on 05 Oct 2011, Rob wrote:

when i do not finish my work on time,i would be stressful.if things are not come to my way or as i scheduled,that really makes me feel stressed.

• 48. At 10:47am on 05 Oct 2011, Khalid Abuaglla wrote:

work under pressure annoying me very much especially when the manager played a rules in this press situation,but some time i relieve this stress by ignoring the duty he gave me to do ,and this make a fun to deceive my manager because he is too much cruel to me,however i think when yuo work under pressure your acheivements will be less

• 49. At 11:21am on 05 Oct 2011, Noah wrote:

The work pressure make me feel stressed. Nowadays the society is continuously engaged that you are constantly under pressure. Since then the communication technology is advanced as mobile phone, internet or e-mail the individual is always under time pressure.

Honestly, I myself have no mobile phone, I just try to cope without the mobile phone in the life and it works for four years, really!

• 50. At 11:38am on 05 Oct 2011, GemmaBCN wrote:

I get stressed when I have to find a job, or when I have to make exams at the University. I get stressed when I have to improve my english to find a better job. So many things to do and enough time to do them. But also I think all the things will come better.

• 51. At 1:30pm on 05 Oct 2011, rubel wrote:

Stress is not only means that someone is mentally bit overloaded but also it impacts on body. When I feel stressed, my heartbeat rises faster than normal. Especially, when the exam just close to the door, I feel busy with study and trying to put all the stuff within short time. Finally, it made me confused, could I remember all the thing in exam. Now i am full of stress.

I think the best way to cope it, feel confident that we can overcome the situation. It could be great idea to perform in stressed situation.

• 52. At 2:21pm on 05 Oct 2011, no sugar wrote:

I feel pressure from classmates. Job hunting is also another kind of stress.

• 53. At 5:43pm on 05 Oct 2011, tony wrote:

The first thing came to my mind when I saw this topic is exam.Maybe it is because that I am a student.If I'm not studying in the university,which means I am working for a company,the pressure may come from the need to earn more money.Talking about how to beat it,I just want to make it simple.The best way is focusing on the work which you should have it done,and be painstaking.Living with stress is unhealthy,so be happy!

• 54. At 8:57pm on 05 Oct 2011, vicky wrote:

At this moment, ielts exam makes me feel stressed. I will put myself in preparing this exam. And I will get 6.

• 55. At 11:20pm on 05 Oct 2011, palim wrote:

A great tension comes over me when I need to work much more than I am anticipated. I must put an effort to overcome this problem.

• 56. At 01:58am on 06 Oct 2011, NongSon wrote:

I feel stressed when I don't get any new things in each day. For instance, I don't learn any update medical knowledge because I'm studying in medicine university or I don't know any new English words. In addition, I can be stressed if there are too much trouble in my relationship with my friends or my family members.
      when stress comes, I usually write love letters for myself to deal with them.

• 57. At 02:49am on 06 Oct 2011, Rita Anzulovic wrote:

In the early morning when I travel by bus to go to work.
      when I have to finish a task quickly.
      In fact when i have to do something and i am so tired.
      Answer this question in English stresses me! :D
      my list could be endless.

• 58. At 03:33am on 06 Oct 2011, vokimtri wrote:

Once i am under stress, i give up everything and i let myself loose a little bit by hanging out with mates or doing some stuff!

• 59. At 07:15am on 06 Oct 2011, Linyo wrote:

My stressed is to change a good job and have a different future.I don't like my current job.I want to find a challenge job for me.

• 60. At 12:01pm on 06 Oct 2011, afef wrote:

what makes me stressed is to stay at home without any work or job,espeacially with an infant ;you have to take care of it every moment.there is no enough time for my personel needs.I'happy with my baby but it takes a lot of energy and time.

• 61. At 2:34pm on 06 Oct 2011, quink_kl wrote:

everybody is facing stressed in their life. It is for us to identify what make you stressed. So, after you identified it, then you try to work with it. To me, the most I feel stress is whilst I am caught in heavy traffic jam...oh my God! I am traveling 40km away to the office. So, in order to avoid this traffic jam I try my best to leave early and go back late, so I don't feel stress anymore!!!! have a nice day everybody...good night

• 62. At 4:53pm on 06 Oct 2011, irenespears wrote:

well ... currently the school ! it's too hard D:

• 63. At 5:39pm on 06 Oct 2011, uvicorange wrote:

stress from weather, stress from lecture that I don't really understand and how can I over it

• 64. At 9:07pm on 06 Oct 2011, volkan wrote:

We must get used to working under pressure of stress.
      Because if there is no stress there is no job.

• 65. At 10:11pm on 06 Oct 2011, avesta wrote:

i feel stress when i plan for something , visitors come to our home and being here for midnight if they come for an hour or even little more it will be better

• 66. At 01:48am on 07 Oct 2011, Alanni wrote:

well actually stress comes from loads of stuffs, from work, from study, from marriage, or just a simple thing like traffic jams. The most source of my stress always comes from my work, especially from the deadlines of every delivery of products customers wanted.

• 67. At 03:19am on 07 Oct 2011, Michelle wrote:

These day, I am very stressed. I am in the company changing my duties most of my time. I am totally in the uncontrollable situation, they don't look at people's performance, rather they love people polish their shoes. I am stressfully to find my self values, and question myself a lots because of those people.

• 68. At 08:03am on 07 Oct 2011, JAWHER wrote:

The most thing that it's stressing me is my boss at work. He makes me all times working under pressure for better results.

• 69. At 3:41pm on 07 Oct 2011, Julia Bellini wrote:

Someone trying to interfere in my life and people who think they're right all the times make me feel stressed.

• 70. At 7:46pm on 07 Oct 2011, Dreamer wrote:

Hi there
      As for me anything can make me feel stressed even if this thing is small and doesn't deserve to care about at all. lam a creature of annoying stress that haunts me wherever lam.

• 71. At 00:14am on 08 Oct 2011, Dady wrote:

euhh competitions of sport and exams make me feel stressed ! and i listen to Music if i want to beat this feeling

• 72. At 03:01am on 08 Oct 2011, Terry wrote:

Do what I want to do, but have to do makes me stressed.

• 73. At 08:52am on 08 Oct 2011, kikiyoyo wrote:

Um.... When I could not meet my mom's expectations..
      I was so stressful. I am not a child anymore, but I am still caring her so much. I want to say her that please leave me alone , I can really do well by myself.

• 74. At 10:22am on 08 Oct 2011, touchmyhand91 wrote:

i am a student in National economic university in vietnam. it is the best university in vietnam. i fell pressure from many things. teacher, friends.. i must try my best. so i can go board. the pressure make me stronger and harder. the life need pressure.

• 75. At 12:20pm on 08 Oct 2011, edukator wrote:

Although stress is not a new concept, people are suffering from it more in the current era. .Becuse the life conditions are more competitive and individuals feel more pressure to succeed. My personal strategy to deal with it is to admit the challenges of life and prepare myself for the worst scenario. Being successful is the best way of beating it.

• 76. At 2:43pm on 08 Oct 2011, Aung wrote:

pressure from work, pressure from my gf, pressure from friends ... it 's really hard time to manage my time and power.

• 77. At 7:27pm on 08 Oct 2011, reza Badahang wrote:

i m under stress all the time because i think i couldnt finish things which i supposed to do and also my big stress is that i think about taking ielts and i actually dont know how i can cope with.

• 78. At 8:52pm on 08 Oct 2011, Max Song wrote:

Nothing I can do or I have to wait sth without any promises and plans.

Burdens of works to do in a limited time.

When employees are not followed by my instruction or they do not resist plans but me.

When I love someone but someone do not.

• 79. At 9:29pm on 08 Oct 2011, blaircornelia wrote:

stress from studies, from work, I'm stressed thinking about my will, if I will success one day...

• 80. At 11:12pm on 08 Oct 2011, Paulina wrote:

First of all, stress has become a part of my life and I guess that nowadays many people struggle this problem. I am stressed almost all the time and it doesn't matter what I do and where I go, I am stressed most of the time. I think that this problem is concerned with rapid development of the world. The world is changing continously and people live in a rush like they're chasing something, they want to earn more money, have more and more of it, what causes the continuous stress. And it doesn't even matter how old you are, nowadays everyone lives under stress. Young people want to get good education in order to achieve something in their future, that's why they're studying and it very often causes stress, sometimes it lead to depression and finally when they're older, have great, high-paid job with high position and flourishing carrer they're also stressed due to being under pressure for better results. Stress is inseparatable part of our lives. I am even prone to say that stress is the global disease. The only thing we can do about it is to learn how to deal with it, how to beat it but in fact ,probably stress will never disappear from our lives.

• 81. At 08:11am on 09 Oct 2011, zeine wrote:

I feel stressed when i must do something which i don't like. For example, listening a boring lecture which doesn't interested me. Also go by bus, to pass exam etc,. To beat my stress after workday i have a shower or go for a walk, prepare smth delicious food and listen to music. Also i feel stressed, cause i live far away from my parents and i miss very much.

• 82. At 1:20pm on 09 Oct 2011, Pernet wrote:

What really make me feel stressed is depend on someone or something, to do my work, mainly when I am on the deadline.

• 83. At 3:05pm on 09 Oct 2011, Genildo wrote:

Definetily my future, because I care a lot of about my future, for example: What kind of work I'm going to apply for, something like that.

• 84. At 8:24pm on 09 Oct 2011, rana wrote:

stress and burn out are similar problem now a day!it could be several reason in the human busy schedule. most of the case sever because of the money!!!!!

• 85. At 8:50pm on 09 Oct 2011, m_chapelier wrote:

I'm stressed when I think over my values. Rarely, numerous people make me stressed. But in such moments I try to think that things work out for the best.

• 86. At 8:51pm on 09 Oct 2011, yann wrote:

sometimes I feel stressed because of the work i have to furnish. Usually, this is called a benefic stress because it pushes you onwards.But sometimes, I can feel stressed for nothing while I'm with my friends,or even alone walking around and this a bad stress because it does not push you forward, unlike, it makes you curling up. This useless stress is due to parasite emotions which shouldn't be felt at that moment, it raises the following issue: how come we have these disturbing emotions ?
      It can be sumarized with the following comparison from Schopenhauer:
      _Man is same as porcupine: when he is lonely he is cold, depressed and sad. But when he is with his friends, to close, they sting each other.
      To put it in a nutshell, the man has to find the right distance between loneliness and the proximity with the others.Being either alone or to close from the others makes us feeling disturbing emotions.

• 87. At 9:52pm on 09 Oct 2011, Tue wrote:

I am a Phd student, so my stress usually come from the pressure to get more publishcations and come up with novel ideas.

• 88. At 11:21pm on 09 Oct 2011, justin wrote:

Pressure from future job. Pressure from family. The competition in morden society is increasingly stiff, which makes me feel stressed.Obviously, it's important for me to find a way which can solve it.

• 89. At 11:32pm on 09 Oct 2011, ShirleyGD wrote:

What makes me totally stressed and consequently depressed is the way my boss forced me to leave the company where I worked for 11 years, disqualifying my main activities and giving duties beyond my qualification. I am still trying to overcome this situation.

• 90. At 04:40am on 10 Oct 2011, crystal wrote:

Actually, I have been living with lots of stress. sometimes that makes me feel stressed but also, that encourages me to do something not only for myself but also for the others like a family. When I was a student, I was stressed with studying, exams, school fees, etc, because I wanted me to do everything well. Later on, many patients make me stressed during doing my job. After marriage, I was also stressed from husband, housework, and bringing up my children. Eventually I wished to give up all. At that time, everything that has given me stress helped me get over it ironically. In other words, I thought that making me feel stressed was myself. So, To beat the stress, I try to be relaxed and thankful to everything, and try my best.

• 91. At 06:15am on 10 Oct 2011, Thuy Vy wrote:

I think so much about study and job..

• 92. At 07:04am on 10 Oct 2011, tomo_st wrote:

I often feel stressed.
      Pressure from my boss, from the deadline of my work, my children's bad behavior, my poor English ability and so on.
      Every day I try to get over these things and improve the situation better than before.

• 93. At 09:31am on 10 Oct 2011, lucy187 wrote:

Pressure from homework,pressure from exam,so i have to study everyday.Communicating with people is also very stressful.I do not know how to make friends.Password also makes me stessful,i always forget my code.

• 94. At 10:29am on 10 Oct 2011, Marc945 wrote:

What makes me feel stressed ?
      Well, i think i'm always stressed because i put on me very high goals and i don't want to fail.
      Pressure of my family is important due to the image they have of me. They are sure that i will succeed in my life, at school... and i do everything not to disappoint them.

I'm like the second dad at home and i don't want to pretend if i come back home having failed at school.

I'm trying to make everything not to fail working hard for my exams.

Nevertheless, I think it's a good pressure.

• 95. At 2:22pm on 10 Oct 2011, Halim wrote:

I feel stressed when I can do any thing about hard situation , when i couldn't understand somewords in english

• 96. At 6:58pm on 10 Oct 2011, ela111 wrote:

I fell stressed when it is on Monday and specially if I have to do something but I couldn't do it...
      Also of course exams...

• 97. At 11:02pm on 10 Oct 2011, Yolanda wrote:

Pressure from homework,pressure from exam,pressure from friendship,i don't know how to improve my English quickly.I have a great deal of distress now.

• 98. At 11:31pm on 10 Oct 2011, leiyiran wrote:

I have alot of stress.such as the stress of the ielts!!!!the stress of the friends and parents. But,i guess i can do it better~

• 99. At 08:04am on 11 Oct 2011, gina wrote:

I feel pressure from exams,too.I had failed ILETS exames severial times. Now i still prepare for it, i got a large amount of pressure.But in my opinion,sometimes stress is a good thing.It can push you to get over the difficulty.

• 100. At 10:00am on 11 Oct 2011, Viet wrote:

i think stress have become one of the most important problem for the wide range of people in 21 century, especially young generation.
      There are several reason for this, first of all, the pressure to be famous or successful , is a major cause . Secondly , the global recession may lead many people lost their job. Many austerity measures are being utilised by many goverments in order to mitigate the serious consequences.
      In general, i utterly convincedthat 3 main causes of stress is money, fame and love.

Downloads