Olympic and Paralympic Values - Friendship week
- Friendship week
- Values discussion as it happened
- More from our 'friendship' discussion
- Oli's child marriage crusade
- Luca's friends - primary assembly
- Luca's friends - secondary assembly
- The 5000-mile friendship - primary assembly
- The 5000-mile friendship - secondary assembly
- St Botoph's friendship wave!
Inspired by the Olympic value Friendship, Oli campaigns against child marriage where he lives in Bangladesh.
He's just 12-years-old but has halved the amount of child marriages in his area by going around his slum and standing up to his elders, telling them why they shouldn't marry off their daughters so young.
Bangladesh has one of the highest rates of child marriage in the world, with 20% of girls becoming wives before their 15th birthday, even though 18 is the minimum age allowed by law.
Find out more about child marriage - Plan International