Terms and conditions
1. The intention of the BBC World Class project is to raise awareness of the benefits of international school linking with our audience and support linking through our online service.
2. We will continue to provide the BBC World Class website (bbc.co.uk/worldclass) for those interested in school twinning. As well as enriching and supporting the international school linking experience with BBC content, the website will encourage uptake of the services offered by our partners, and link to those services.
3. Our partners will promote BBC World Class on their websites as follows:
"BBC World Class. Whether you're just starting to twin your school or you want to keep the momentum going - visit bbc.co.uk/worldclass for inspiration, ideas and the World Class newsletter."
4. World Class on air will feature the activities of individuals and schools involved in linking. It will not aim to directly promote the activities of our partners. Links to each of our partners will be made available on our website.
5. Our partners have been chosen because of their current roles in providing information and expertise to help schools establish and sustain a link according to their normal procedures. To foster good relations with schools, we expect our partners to respond within two weeks to schools that contact them as a result of our website.
6. In order to monitor the quality of the service BBC World Class is delivering to our audience, and maintain the reputation of the BBC, we may require each partner to provide capacity information at the beginning of each month. Each partner will tell us how many BBC World Class school contacts they are supporting, and how many schools overseas they currently have available for UK twinning. We will tell each partner how many people have visited their link from the BBC World Class website The purpose of this information sharing is to match the supply and demand and address any mis-match that might arise through BBC promotional activities.
7. We reserve the right to remove references to any partner and its services and any links to its website if we find we are unable to establish or maintain effective customer service. In such event we will give the partner two weeks notice in order that they may amend their website accordingly.
8. If, for whatever reason, a partner intends to cease the services that give reason for this collaboration, or elects to withdraw from this collaboration, we request two weeks' notice so that we may amend our website accordingly.
9. For the avoidance of doubt this collaboration statement is not intended to be a legally binding agreement.