A cup of tea is the second most consumed drink in the world next to water and it's Tom's favourite drink.
In this quest we want you to find out some fascinating facts about tea.
Your quest is to discover as much as you can about tea. You may find the facts about tea surprising!
To complete your task you will need to do the following:
- Step one: Open your internet browser, for example Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- Step two: Type into the address bar the address of a search engine and click the go button. For example you could use one of the following:
- Step three: Use the search engine to find out the answers to questions about tea. You'll need to read through the questions and think about the keywords you'll put into the search engine to find the answer.
- Step four: Once you've entered your words into the search engine and clicked 'Go' a list of results will appear. Read through the website results list and decide which sites you want to visit. Click on the underlined link to visit a website, does it have the answer to your question?
- Step five: When you have answered a question, go back to your search engine and start again.
If you get stuck, read the searching tips further down the page.
Questions about tea
- Where does tea originate from?
- What are the four basic types of tea?
- Can tea be part of my daily recommended fluid intake?
- How many of cups of tea do the British drink each day?
- How many cups of tea has Britain consumed today so far?
Be as specific as you can when searching by using more than one keyword. To answer question one don't just search for 'tea'. Try other keywords, like 'originate'.
Try not to write full sentences or questions when you are searching, just use keywords.
If you can’t find the answer to a question on the first attempt, try again! Think about what different words you could use, for example instead of consume you could use drink.
When you have to choose from a list of search results, look at the description next to each website. This might contain the answer to your question.
When deciding what website to visit from a long list of results choose a reputable website. A reputable website might be one you recognise, such as www.bbc.co.uk or another familiar government or company website.
- Tea originates from China.
- The four basic types of tea are black tea, oolong tea, green tea and white tea.
- Yes, tea can be part of your daily recommended fluid intake.
- 165 million cups daily or 60.2 billion per year.
- The tea counter is updated continually at www.tea.co.uk.