- Look after your body. You really have to think about your diet. If you don't eat correctly you simply haven't got the energy to get out of bed the next day. If you look after your body, if you train in the right way, you'll be able to keep dancing when you're older.
My parents always taught me that if you have something unhealthy you have to have something healthy. I love my vegetables. I don't know what I'd do every day without having vegetables and salad. You fall in love with a healthy diet. It's really difficult to perform well with a bad diet, you need a strict regime.
- Discipline. A teacher once told me many, many years ago that the most important thing to become successful in a sport is discipline. If you learn to be disciplined in a sport as a child it follows you throughout your life.
- Follow your passion. Be yourself, follow your heart and follow your passion. If you always follow your passion in life you will be more successful than doing a job that you're just doing to do a job.
- Be brave. To be successful you have to take chances. I've taken a lot of chances and it's been scary. To follow your passion you've got to be brave. If you stand through those hard times, and you get through it, then I think success is probably at the other end.
- Never give up. There have been lots of times throughout my career where I seriously thought 'I can't do this anymore, this is too hard, its too painful'. When you do something you love and you're passionate about, you just don't give up. You think 'well, tomorrow when I wake up, I'm going to give it another go'. That's how I survive.
You've got to work hard and have that hunger to want to succeed.
Man Utd and ex Wales footballer
Colin Jackson reveals more top tips on making exercise part of your lifestyle.