That was the week that was
Here are some of the things we'll remember most when we look back at the 2008 Cardiff National Eisteddfod
- The fact that the winners of the Crown and 'best novel' competitions were both in their early 20s.
- Cardiff's own Mererid Hopwood winning her third different writing competition.
- For only the second time in the modern Eisteddfod's history, the Chair being won by a woman
- Fantastic performances by Steffan Rhys Hughes, Lucy Kelly and many other young competitors.
- The rain that kept coming, on and off, throughout the week.
- The evening concerts: Bryn Terfel singing in Latin, the concert for Grav, C Ffactor, etc.
- The drama that portrayed Jesus as a woman, kissing Judas.
- Charles Byrd's incredible machines and paintings in the Lle Celf art exhibition.
- Matthew Rhys's visit and his acceptance into the Gorsedd of Bards.
- The BBC's promotional video for its Eisteddfod coverage, starring Ioan Gruffudd, Matthew Rhys and Gethin Jones.
- The fun the people who visited had and the overall success of the Capital's first Eisteddfod in 30 years.
Images of the National Eisteddfod in Cardiff.