The Norwegian baritone Johannes Weisser studied at the Music Conservatory in Copenhagen and at the Royal Opera Academy in Copenhagen with Susanna Eken. He graduated in 2005.
In 2004 he made his debut at the Norwegian National Opera and the Komische Oper Berlin as Masetto Don Giovanni.
Other engagements have included title role Don Giovanni, Papageno (Die Zauberflöte) and Schaunard (La Bohème) at the Norwegian National Opera, and Leporello (Don Giovanni) and King Theseus (A Midsummer Night's Dream) at Royal Danish Opera.
In 2006 he sang the title role Don Giovanni with the conductor René Jacobs in Innsbruck, Paris, Brussels, Cologne and Baden-Baden. He also recorded the role for Harmonia Mundi, and the recording will be released in September 2007.
Forthcoming engagements include title role Don Giovanni at the Komische Oper Berlin, concerts and recordings of Telemann's Brockes Passion as well as Haydn's Die Schöpfung, both with René Jacobs, Cantatas by Bach in Innsbruck with the Freiburger Barockorchester, Mozart's Mass in C Minor with Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra, and Guglielmo in a filmed version of Così fan Tutte.
He is also very active as a Lieder-singer.
Interests include sports, reading and going to the cinema.
Repertoire details for Concert 2 and Recital 1:
Concert 2 - Monday 11 June
- JS Bach: Mache dich, mein Herze, rein (St Matthew Passion)
- Mozart: Hai già vinta la causa!...Vedrò mentr'io sospiro (Le nozze di Figaro)
- Wagner: Wie Todesahnung...O du mein holder Abendstern (Tannhäuser)
With BBC National Orchestra of Wales conducted by Jacek Kaspszyk
Recital 1 - Saturday 9 June
- Schubert: Gruppe aus dem Tartarus (Songs, Op 24 No 1)
- Brahms: Auf dem Kirchhofe (Songs, Op 105 No 4)
- Wolf: Auf dem grünen Balkon (Spanisches Liederbuch)
- Wolf: Alle gingen, Herz, sur Ruh (Spanisches Liederbuch)
- Grieg: Langs ei å (Songs, Op 33 No 5)
- Grieg: Våren (Songs, Op 33 No 2)
Accompanist: Simon Lepper