Born: Panorama City, Los Angeles, 17 October 1977
Last updated: 01 July 2005
At the time of the competition Nicole Cabell was a third-year member of Chicago's Lyric Opera Center for American Artists. In 2004 she sang Barbarina and covered Susanna in Le Nozze di Figaro and appeared as Isabel in The Pirates of Penzance at the Lyric Opera, having sung with the same company the role of Crobyle in Thaïs and Rooster and Jay The Cunning Little Vixen.
Concerts included Mahler's Symphony No 2 with Oregon Symphony; Barbarina with the Chicago Symphony at the Ravinia Festival; A Prairie Home Companion in a celebration of Ravinia's 50th season and Lauretta Gianni Schicchi with the Grant Park Festival.
Plans subsequent to the competition included Orchestra Hall debut with the Chicago Symphony in A Child of Our Time with Sir Andrew Davis; Brahms' Deutsches Requiem with the Accademia di Santa Cecilia in Rome with Antonio Pappano; with the Florida Orchestra in Mahler's 4th Symphony; and a Marilyn Horne Foundation recital in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Awards include first place in both the Palm Beach Opera Vocal Competition and the Women's Board of Chicago Vocal Competition. Nicole earned first place in the American Opera Society competition in Chicago. She was the 2002 winner of the Union League's Rose M. Grundman Scholarship, and the 2002 Farwell Award with the Woman's Board of Chicago.
Nicole enjoys writing, working out, collecting music and shopping.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 3 repertoire
- Bellini: Eccomi in lieta vesta - Oh! quante volte, I Capuleti e i Montecchi
- Mozart: Ach, ich fühl's, Die Zauberflöte
- Menotti: Steal me, sweet thief, The Old Maid and the Thief
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 2 repertoire
- Obradors: Al Amor, Classical Spanish Songs Vol 1 No 2
- Obradors: Chiquitita la novia (Coplas de Curro Dulce), Classical Spanish Songs Vol 1 No 7
- Richard Strauss: Ich wollt' ein Strässlein binden, Brentano Lieder Op 68
- Ricky-Ian Gordon: Dream Variations
- Weill: Wie lange noch?
- Dvorak: Horstet hoch der Habicht, Gipsy Songs Op 55 No 7
- Tippett: How can I cherish my man in such days, A Child of our Time
- Mozart: Se il padre perdei, Idomeneo
- Berlioz: Les belles fleurs!...Entre l'amour et le devoir, Benvenuto Cellini