Marie-Josée Lord's teachers and coaches included Jacqueline Martel-Cistellini, Lyne Fortin and Victoria de los Angeles. She has participated in master classes with Edouardo Müller, Christian Badea, Victor De Renzi and Susan Patterson.
She made her professional debut at the Vancouver Opera as High Priestess Aida in 2002. She sang Fiordiligi Cosi fan tutte with the Lyric Workshop of the Montreal Opera on a Canadian tour in 2001, as well as the title roles of Suor Angelica, Turandot (Busoni) and Dido in Dido and Aeneas (Purcell) with the Quebec Conservatory Opera Studio. She also sang Susanna Il segreto di Susanna (Wolf-Ferrari), and High Priestess Aida with the Opera of Montreal.
She has won the Spencer Scholarship 2002 from Vancouver Opera, the Public Price in the Canadian Lyric Fund competition (2001), the Raoul Jobin prize and has made several CBC radio broadcasts.
Other roles include Liù Turandot at the Opera of Quebec, Mimì La bohème with the Opera of Montreal, Liù Turandot for the Opera of Montreal. Marie-Jeanne in the symphonic version of the rock opera Starmania with the Montreal Symphonic Orchestra in Montreal and Paris in 2005.
Fluent in French and Italian, Marie-Josée Lord's skills include acting, piano and violin.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 2 repertoire
- Massenet: De cet affreux combat...Pleurez! pleurez, mes yeux!, Le Cid
- Puccini: Tanto, amore segreto, Turandot
- Verdi: Tu puniscimi, o Signore, Luisa Miller
- Gershwin: My man's gone now, Porgy and Bess
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 1 repertoire
- Schumann: Seit ich ihn gesehen, Frauenliebe und -leben Op 42 No 1
- Schumann: Er, der herrlichste von allen, Frauenliebe und -leben Op 42 No 2
- Schumann: Ich kann's nicht fassen, nicht glauben, Frauenliebe und -leben Op 42 No 3
- Duparc: Chanson triste
- Rodrigo: De los álamos vengo, madre, Cuatros Madrigales Amatorios No 4
- arr HT Burleigh: Couldn't hear nobody pray