Any List for Digital Storytellers by Gareth Morlais
Here's a crib sheet of some of the compliance points that you may find useful when making a story or when choosing digital stories for submission to the BBC. I've called it the Any List. It isn't a full list of everything to consider when publishing an on-demand video clip on the internet. Please take extra care if you answer 'yes' to any of these questions.
* Any photos or clips of 'other people's children' which you don't have signed consent for?
* Any sensitive issue involving a third party in relation to violence, abuse, sexuality, unhappy family background, marital problems, privacy, fairness etc. which might cause hurt to them or to anyone else now or in the future?
* Any commercial music?
* Any non-commercial music by family or friends for which you don't have signed permission to include?
* Any photos by anyone other than you, your family or friends?
* Any scans or images from newspaper or magazine articles, CD or book covers, internet, works of art, etc.?
* Any grabs or clips of any video other than your family home videos?
* Any scans of maps?
* Any quotes, poems or lines of text written by other people outside your own family?
* Anything libellous?
* Any company brands named or shown?
Finally ... has the impact of your story on the safety of other people, especially children and young people, been considered?