The Complete Songs of Robert Burns
This marvellous collection of 12 CDs has been attractively re-packaged for 2007 in a lightweight case, with updated artwork and a fresh new feel.
Featuring all the major contemporary Burns singers, with instrumental accompaniment. Singers include Jim Reid, Billy Ross, Rod Paterson, Janet Russell, Ian F Benzie and Tony Cuffe, and other artists include members of Battlefield Band, The Cast, The Corries, Deaf Shepherd, MacAlias, Malinky, Old Blind Dogs and many more.
Originally released early in 2003, the groundbreaking series took seven years to complete and involved over 80 singers and instrumentalists. It remains the definitive collection of Robert Burns’s song and the timeless poetry of Burns is brought vividly to life in this unique archive.
Encompassing love songs and bawdy songs (note the explicit lyrics warning on volume 11), patriotic and political anthems as well as songs about Scottish places and people, this collection of songs touches on all aspects of human nature and is a true representation of a vigorous folk tradition past and present.
- Volume 1 - Includes the tracks Sweet Afton, Kellyburn Braes, The winter it is past and Ay, Waukin, O
- Volume 2 - Includes the tracks Ye Jacobites By Name, Kissin’ My Katie and Scots Wha Hae
- Volume 3 - Includes the tracks Includes Auld Lang Syne, Ye banks and braes o’ bonnie Doon, Ca’ the Yowes and Comin Thro’ The Rye
- Volume 4 - Includes the tracks My Luve’s Like A Red, Red Rose, Sir John Cope and O May, Thy Morn
- Volume 5 - Includes the tracks A Man’s A Man For A’ That, The lovely lass of Inverness and Glencoe
- Volume 6 - Includes the tracks John Anderson My Jo, Awa, Whigs, Awa! and Turn again, Thou Fair Eliza
- Volume 7 - Includes the tracks Charlie, He’s My Darling, The heather was blooming and Raving Winds
- Volume 8 - Includes the tracks Ae Fond Kiss, Golloway Tam and Mary Queen of Scots Lament
- Volume 9 - Includes the tracks My heart’s in the Highlands, The Smiling Spring and The Noble Maxwells
- Volume 10 - Includes the tracks Twas past one o’clock, Adown Winding Nith and Yon wild and mossy mountains
- Volume 11 - Includes the tracks By Allan Stream, O For My Ain King and My Love She’s But A Lassie Yet (double-disk)
- Volume 12 - Includes the tracks A Highland Lad My Love Was Born, See the smoking bowl and My bonnie lass
- Linn Records
- CD Reference:
- Linn Records