Installing RealOne Player
To watch TOTP videoclips, you need to have a program on your PC called RealOne Player (the new name for RealPlayer). This is a program which is available for FREE from RealNetworks - read on, then we'll tell you where and how to get it.
Don't be put off by the long instructions - you only need to follow them once to have RealOne Player set up on your computer forever. Also, you might not need to read them all - we've just explained it in lots of detail in case you have no clue how computers work. If you're unsure you should read them all though.
Before you start you might find that on other sites you can already see and hear things without downloading RealOne Player. This is because they use other programs which are already on your computer to play the audio and video. As we only stream our content as RealAudio and RealVideo - this needs RealOne Player before you see it! At present we've got no plans to change this.
To get RealOne Player for free, follow these instructions:
2. This takes you to a page where you need to register as a new customer (even though you're not buying anything). On the next page you will be asked for some details and to make a password. Complete the boxes, and make sure you remember your password - you will need it later!
3. On the following page, you should click on the link of the nearest location to you. Picking the nearest place should make your download quicker.
4. When you've clicked on the link it will bring up a file download box - this will begin saving the program to your computer. Select "Save this program to disk" and then "OK".
5. Another box pops up, which lets you choose where to save the program. From the "Save In" menu select "Desktop" (Saving it on the desktop means you'll be able to find it easily).
6. Click on save and the RealOne Player will start to download - it may take some time.
7. Once downloading has completed, you need to find where it has saved on your computer and then double click on the file. RealOne Player will begin to set up on your computer. If you can't find where it has saved, try searching your computer for the file "RealOnePlayerBeta.exe". If you don't know how to do this, there's help on searching for stuff on your computer here.
8. From here, follow the instructions that RealOne Player gives you - all you really need to do is skip through the screens by clicking on "Next" - though if you're feeling adventurous, you could change some of the settings - but make sure you know what you're doing!
9. Once it's finished installing, RealOne Player will start - from here you can close it down, and then click on the links to listen to audio and watch video - whenever RealOne Player is needed, it will automatically start!
There's also info on installing plug-ins like RealOne Player from BBC Webwise and Help.