We want to see the happy couples of Beds, Herts and Bucks on their big day. From the blushing bride to the gorgeous groom, the beautiful bridesmaids to the proud parents, we're asking happy couples and their guests to send in their wedding day photos for our Brides, Hearts and Bucks Photo Gallery.
To help you get the best possible photo, we asked local photographer Peter Webb from Picture This Photographers in Hitchin, for his top tips to get the best from your camera.
Wedding Day Photo Tips
- Don't just focus on the Bride and Groom - check the background as well! Is that lamp post really protruding from the groom's head and is that sign for the toilets really appropriate? Don't be afraid to ask people to move a little - they won't mind.
- Be aware of the lighting. Try not to take your photos in direct sunlight - people will squint in the bright sun and the detail on that all important wedding dress will be lost, shade is much more preferable. Where possible make sure the sun is behind you.
- If you're taking a group photo - make sure everyone who should be in the shot is there! You may have to bear the wrath of Great Aunt Rose for years to come if you miss her out of the family group!
- Try to have a laugh with the wedding guests - they will relax more and hopefully you'll get a more natural pose from them.
- Don't say cheese - it really doesn't work! Asking everyone to cheer is much more effective.
- Got a camera phone? Then use it! Catch some informal and relaxed images of the big day by taking a step back and watching the happy couple and their guests enjoy the day.
Don't forget to tell us:
• The name of the happy couple
• Where and when the wedding took place
Send your wedding photos to us at