Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about The One Show.
1. Where can I find more information on a topic covered in the show?
From March 2010, each episode has its own web page - which may contain more info. Visit the list of episodes.
If you're looking for info about a programme broadcast between September 2008 - March 2010 then you may find what you're looking for in the programme's blog archive.
Some of the topics that appear on the show may not have additional info on the website. For these, all the information we have will be on the show itself.
2. I've missed the show, how can I watch again?
Most One Show's are available to view up to a week after broadcast.
3. Why does The One Show sometimes start a few minutes earlier than advertised?
The reason for the slight variations in our starting time is due to the nature of the news programme before us.
Being a live programme we are subject to these slight changes in the schedule; if the news finishes earlier then we go to air earlier.
4. Where does Christine get her wardrobe from?
A stylist sources Christine's wardrobe from high street shops and designers, most of which are very kindly donated and returned afterwards.
5. I'm having consumer / financial problems, can Dominic help?
We do our very best to deal with as many issues as possible. However, there are only so many stories that Dom can tackle in the show.
See also: Dom's tips in the Consumer blogs Nov 09 - March 2010.
See also: Dom's tips in the Consumer blogs Sep 08 - Nov 09.
6. I've got a story you may be interested in, how do I get in touch?
Visit the Your Stories page where you can submit your ideas to us.
7. Would you be interested in featuring my revolutionary new business / invention?
If your idea is related to a topic we are discussing and we think it may have editorial merit we may contact you but as the BBC we have to remain impartial, therefore we cannot recommend individual businesses.
8. We're a charity / I'm looking for sponsorship for a charitable event, can you help?
Although we'd love to help everyone that writes in about a charitable cause the BBC only supports those charities that have successfully applied for an Appeal (such as Children in Need or Sport Relief).
We're sorry but we are not allowed to promote, endorse or advertise on behalf of any non-Appeal charity.
9. Can you offer me any medical advice?
Sadly, we can't. We really recommend that you contact your doctor with all health issues.
10. How can I get Michael Douglas the 'Street Barber' to cut my hair?
Michael doesn't take on private clients, sorry!
11. Has The One Show website changed?
Yes it has. The One Show website launched in Summer 2006. The website was revamped and re-launched in September 2008. In March 2010, the site changed again - find out more.