If as a freelancer you have an agent who represents you, this page provides additional information on the payment process.
Key actions your agent must do:
- Inform the BBC contact if you are trading as a service company
- Inform the BBC contact of whom the payment is to be made to (i.e. to the freelancer or to the agent).
- Inform the BBC contact if there are any changes to your details – including bank details, VAT status and address details
- If you are VAT registered the agent must include your VAT details (not the agent's) on any invoices
- If you are not VAT registered then no VAT should be indicated on the invoice and no VAT will be paid
- If your agent is receiving payment on your behalf, the BBC will need the agent's bank details.
Key Points to remember:
- The submission of an invoice will trigger a payment in line with the payment processing procedures as long as the delivery date is in the past
- The invoice should quote the appropriate BBC purchase order number
- The BBC's method of payment is BACS