Six Nations: England's Calum Clark expected to miss out
England and Northampton flanker Calum Clark is unlikely to play in the Six Nations, according to his club boss.
The 23-year-old suffered a shoulder injury against Glasgow and was set to undergo surgery on Wednesday.
"It is his ACJ (acromioclavicular joint) in his shoulder and he will be out for a number of weeks," Saints director of rugby Jim Mallinder told BBC Radio Northampton.
"And I don't think he'll be back within the Six Nations timeframe."
Saracens lock Mouritz Botha was called up to replace Clark and joined up with England at their pre-tournament training camp in Leeds ahead of their Six Nations opener against Scotland on 2 February.
"It's a big blow whenever you lose players and I'm really disappointed for him with the Six Nations coming up," Mallinder added.
"It's well documented with him missing games previously, he came back from that strongly and he's been playing well for us."
England boss Stuart Lancaster said on Tuesday: "It is a shame for Calum as he had worked hard to get back into the senior squad.
"But these things happen and we'll work closely with Northampton on his rehab."
Clark spent 32-weeks suspended last season for breaking Leicester hooker Rob Hawkins's elbow before the latest setback in his career.
"My shoulder needs an operation so I will be out of action for the foreseeable future. That's the game," Clark said on Twitter.