Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
17 May 1986
Anastasia Prokopenko competed in BADMINTON
Did you know?
- Badminton matches are played over the best of three games.
- Each game is won by the first player or doubles pair to reach 21 points by a margin of two clear points.
- All events begin with group stages, followed by a knockout format.
- With shuttlecock smashes reaching speeds of more than 200mph, badminton has claims to be the world's fastest racquet sport.
- Since making its Olympic debut in 1992, badminton has been dominated by Asian countries. All 15 medals at the 2008 Olympics went to Asian shuttlers.
|31 Jul||Women's Singles Group Play Stage Group G, Match WS338||—|
|28 Jul||Women's Singles Group Play Stage Group G, Match WS302||Won|
More Athletes from Russian Federation
- Anastasia Bliznyuk Gymnastics - Rhythmic Medallist
- Anna Chicherova Athletics Medallist
- Irina Abysova Triathlon
- Maria Borisenko Volleyball
- Viktoriia Andreeva Swimming
- Svetlana Feofanova Athletics
- Olga Belkina Athletics
- Ekaterina Andreeva Swimming
- Mariya Baklakova Swimming
- Tatiana Antoshina Cycling - Road
- Nadezda Bazhina Diving
- Yuliya Chermoshanskaya Athletics
Head to Head
Anastasia Prokopenko vs Susan Egelstaff
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB