Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Ngoc Tu Van
Date of birth
11 Aug 1987
Ngoc Tu Van competed in JUDO
Did you know?
- Founded in Japan in 1882 by Dr Jigoro Kano, judo is a refinement of the ancient martial art of Jujitsu.
- Judo made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Japan has won three times as many gold medals as any other nation.
- A contest going the full distance lasts five minutes for men and four minutes for women. If the scores are tied, a sudden death 'golden score' period comes into play.
- The key phrase for any judoka is 'ippon', which will win you the contest immediately. This can occur just a few seconds into a match.
- An ‘ippon’ can be scored by a clean, forceful throw, by holding the opponent on his or her back for 30 seconds, or by submission to a strangle, a choke or a lock applied against the elbow.
|28 Jul||Women's -48kg Elimination Round of 32, Match 9||—|
More Athletes from Vietnam
- Thi Hoang Ngoc Le Shooting
- Thi Ngan Thuong Do Gymnastics - Artistic
- Nguyen Thi Thanh Phuc Athletics
- Thi Viet Anh Duong Athletics
- Thi Thuy Nguyen Weightlifting
- Hai Pham Thi Rowing
- Thi Ha Thanh Phan Gymnastics - Artistic
- Thi Lua Nguyen Wrestling
- Thi Anh Vien Nguyen Swimming
- Thao Pham Thi Rowing
- Hoang Dieu Linh Chu Taekwondo
Head to Head
Ngoc Tu Van vs Kelly Edwards
Ngoc Tu Van
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB