Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
09 Apr 1986
Olegk Motsalin competed in WRESTLING
Did you know?
- There are two wrestling disciplines: Greco-Roman and freestyle. In both, the aim is to force the back of the opponent's shoulders on to the ground.
- In Greco-Roman wrestling, athletes are only allowed to use their arms and upper bodies to pin their opponent, while in freestyle wrestling any part of the body may be used.
- Bouts can last for a maximum of three periods of two minutes, with a 30-second break in between.
- The heaviest ever Olympic wrestler was American Chris Mason, who weighed 29.4 stones when he took part in the 1972 super-heavyweight freestyle competition.
- By contrast, the first ever women’s Olympic wrestling champion - Irini Merleni of the Ukraine in 2004 - was just 4 feet 11 inches tall.
|10 Aug||Men's 74kg Freestyle Round of 16, Match 1||—|
More Athletes from Greece
- Ilias Iliadis Judo Medallist
- Konstadinos Poulios Athletics
- Andreas Miralis Water Polo
- Konstadinos Baniotis Athletics
- Efthimios Mitas Shooting
- Vagelis Cheimonas Sailing
- Byron Kokalanis Sailing
- Periklis Iakovakis Athletics
- Spiridon Lebesis Athletics
- Theodoros Chatzitheodorou Water Polo
- Louis Tsatoumas Athletics
- Adonis Tsotras Sailing
Head to Head
Olegk Motsalin vs Soslan Tigiev
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB