Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
30 Jan 1989
Ewa Palies competed in HANDBALL
Did you know?
- There are seven players on a handball team and each match lasts 60 minutes and is a fast and furious hybrid of football and basketball.
- The aim is to throw the ball into the opposition's goal. This happens often; as an example, France beat Iceland 28-23 in the 2008 men's Olympic final.
- Both the men's and the women's Olympic handball tournaments involve 12 teams, divided into two pools of six.
- The top four countries from each pool progress to the quarter-finals.
- All pool matches are being played in the brand new Copper Box arena, while medal matches are in the Basketball Arena.
|5 Aug||Women's Handball Preliminaries Round Group A Match 28||—|
|3 Aug||Women's Handball Preliminaries Round Group A Match 19||—|
|1 Aug||Women's Handball Preliminaries Round Group A Match 16||—|
|30 Jul||Women's Handball Preliminaries Round Group A Match 9||—|
|28 Jul||Women's Handball Preliminaries Round Group A Match 5||—|
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB