Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
22 Oct 1977
Sport GuidesWATER POLO
Filippos Karampetsos competed in WATER POLO
Did you know?
- There are seven players in a water polo team. Matches consist of four periods, each of them eight minutes long.
- A team has just 30 seconds to attempt to score before the ball is returned to the opposition.
- Players aren’t allowed to touch the sides or the bottom of the pool during play, and may swim as much as three miles during a match.
- At London 2012, matches are taking place in the brand new Water Polo Arena, constructed specially for the Games immediately next to the Aquatics Centre in the Olympic Park.
- Water polo first appeared at the Olympics in 1900. Great Britain won four of the first five Olympic tournaments but Hungary are the sport's most successful nation, winning 15 medals, including nine golds.
|6 Aug||Men's Water Polo Group A Match 27||—|
|4 Aug||Men's Water Polo Group A Match 23||—|
|2 Aug||Men's Water Polo Group A Match 15||Won|
|31 Jul||Men's Water Polo Group A Match 12||—|
|29 Jul||Men's Water Polo Group A Match 1||—|
More Athletes in Water Polo
- Andreas Miralis Water Polo
- Konstantinos Kokkinakis Water Polo
- Konstantinos Mourikis Water Polo
- Emmanouil Mylonakis Water Polo
- Nikolaos Deligiannis Water Polo
- Ioannis Fountoulis Water Polo
- Evagelos Delakas Water Polo
- Argyris Theodoropoulos Water Polo
- Georgios Afroudakis Water Polo
- Christos Afroudakis Water Polo
- Theodoros Chatzitheodorou Water Polo
Head to Head
Filippos Karampetsos vs Sean King
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB