Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
24 Feb 1983
Sport GuidesCYCLING - BMX
Vilma Rimsaite competed in CYCLING - BMX
Did you know?
- BMX exploded out of the blocks on its Olympic debut in 2008, proving a huge hit with its fast-paced format and breathtaking daredevil manoeuvres.
- The BMX races at London 2012 will be held on a short outdoor track, with the riders starting on an 8m-high ramp.
- BMX stands for Bicycle Motocross. The sport began to take off in the late 1960s in California, around the time that motocross became popular in the US.
- The men’s and women’s events start with a seeding phase to ensure that the fastest riders do not meet before the final.
- The semi-finals in both the men’s and women’s events follow a three-run format: points are awarded in each race and the top four riders from each semi-final advance to the final.
|10 Aug||Women's BMX Semi-finals, Heat 2||7||19|
|8 Aug||Women's BMX Seeding, Heat 1||14||42.162|
More Athletes from Lithuania
- Laura Asadauskaite Modern Pentathlon Medallist
- Akvile Stapusaityte Badminton
- Simona Krupeckaite Cycling - Track
- Austra Skujyte Athletics
- Donata Vistartaite Rowing
- Rasa Drazdauskaite Athletics
- Neringa Aidietyte Athletics
- Gintare Scheidt Sailing
- Zinaida Sendriute Athletics
- Lina Grincikaite Athletics
- Egle Staisiunaite Athletics
- Kristina Saltanovic Athletics
Head to Head
Vilma Rimsaite vs Shanaze Reade
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
London 2012 results
19 Women's BMX
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB