Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Thi Lua Nguyen
Date of birth
24 Jul 1991
Thi Lua Nguyen competed in WRESTLING
Did you know?
- There are two wrestling disciplines: Greco-Roman and freestyle. In both, the aim is to force the back of the opponent's shoulders on to the ground.
- In Greco-Roman wrestling, athletes are only allowed to use their arms and upper bodies to pin their opponent, while in freestyle wrestling any part of the body may be used.
- Bouts can last for a maximum of three periods of two minutes, with a 30-second break in between.
- The heaviest ever Olympic wrestler was American Chris Mason, who weighed 29.4 stones when he took part in the 1972 super-heavyweight freestyle competition.
- By contrast, the first ever women’s Olympic wrestling champion - Irini Merleni of the Ukraine in 2004 - was just 4 feet 11 inches tall.
|8 Aug||Women's 48kg Freestyle Round of 16, Match 2||—|
More Athletes from Vietnam
- Thi Hoang Ngoc Le Shooting
- Thi Ngan Thuong Do Gymnastics - Artistic
- Nguyen Thi Thanh Phuc Athletics
- Thi Viet Anh Duong Athletics
- Thi Thuy Nguyen Weightlifting
- Hai Pham Thi Rowing
- Thi Ha Thanh Phan Gymnastics - Artistic
- Thi Anh Vien Nguyen Swimming
- Ngoc Tu Van Judo
- Thao Pham Thi Rowing
- Hoang Dieu Linh Chu Taekwondo
Head to Head
Thi Lua Nguyen vs Mayelis Yesenia Caripa Castillo
Thi Lua Nguyen
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Mayelis Yesenia Caripa Castillo
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB