Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
08 Feb 1989
Nicholas Delpopolo competed in JUDO
Did you know?
- Founded in Japan in 1882 by Dr Jigoro Kano, judo is a refinement of the ancient martial art of Jujitsu.
- Judo made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Japan has won three times as many gold medals as any other nation.
- A contest going the full distance lasts five minutes for men and four minutes for women. If the scores are tied, a sudden death 'golden score' period comes into play.
- The key phrase for any judoka is 'ippon', which will win you the contest immediately. This can occur just a few seconds into a match.
- An ‘ippon’ can be scored by a clean, forceful throw, by holding the opponent on his or her back for 30 seconds, or by submission to a strangle, a choke or a lock applied against the elbow.
|30 Jul||Men's -73kg Repechage contest||—|
|30 Jul||Men's -73kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 1||—|
|30 Jul||Men's -73kg Preliminaries, Match 2||Won|
|30 Jul||Men's -73kg Elimination Round of 32, Match 4||Won|
More Athletes from Team USA
- Mike Bryan Tennis Medallist
- Tyler Clary Swimming Medallist
- Charles Cole Rowing Medallist
- Will Claye Athletics Medallist
- Dremiel Deshon Byers Wrestling
- Marcus Browne Boxing
- Trevor Barron Athletics
- Kyle Alcorn Athletics
- Abdihakem Abdirahman Athletics
- Lance Brooks Athletics
- Jacob Dalton Gymnastics - Artistic
- Jacob Cornelius Rowing
Head to Head
Nicholas Delpopolo vs Daniel Williams
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB