Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
14 May 1984
Sugoi Uriarte competed in JUDO
Did you know?
- Founded in Japan in 1882 by Dr Jigoro Kano, judo is a refinement of the ancient martial art of Jujitsu.
- Judo made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Japan has won three times as many gold medals as any other nation.
- A contest going the full distance lasts five minutes for men and four minutes for women. If the scores are tied, a sudden death 'golden score' period comes into play.
- The key phrase for any judoka is 'ippon', which will win you the contest immediately. This can occur just a few seconds into a match.
- An ‘ippon’ can be scored by a clean, forceful throw, by holding the opponent on his or her back for 30 seconds, or by submission to a strangle, a choke or a lock applied against the elbow.
|29 Jul||Men's -66kg Contest for Bronze Medal B||—|
|29 Jul||Men's -66kg Semi-final of Table A||—|
|29 Jul||Men's -66kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 1||Won|
|29 Jul||Men's -66kg Preliminaries, Match 2||Won|
|29 Jul||Men's -66kg Elimination Round of 32, Match 3||Won|
|29 Jul||Men's -66kg Elimination Round of 64, Match 5||Won|
More Athletes from Spain
- Saul Craviotto Rivero Canoe Sprint Medallist
- Raul Entrerrios Rodriguez Handball
- Ramon Alegre Hockey
- Albert Espanol Lifante Water Polo
- David De Gea Football
- Inaki Aguilar Vicente Water Polo
- Pol Amat Hockey
- David Bustos Athletics
- Jordi Alba Football
- Alberto Botia Football
- Francisco Cortes Hockey
- Isco Football
Head to Head
Sugoi Uriarte vs Colin Oates
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB