Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Kristian Ruth competed in SAILING
Did you know?
- There are 10 sailing events, six for men and four for women, in vessels from dinghies and keelboats to windsurfing boards.
- Each event consists of a series of races. The final race is the medal race, for which points are doubled.
- The winner of each race gets one point, the second-placed finisher gets two and so on. The individual or crew with the lowest points total is the winner.
- Sailing was part of the first Olympics in 1896, but heavy winds forced the programme to be cancelled.
- With 24 gold medals since the 1900 Games, Great Britain is the most successful sailing nation in the world.
|4 Aug||Men's Laser Race 10||20||20|
|4 Aug||Men's Laser Race 9||8||8|
|3 Aug||Men's Laser Race 8||24||24|
|3 Aug||Men's Laser Race 7||—||DNF|
|1 Aug||Men's Laser Race 6||5||5|
|1 Aug||Men's Laser Race 5||15||15|
|31 Jul||Men's Laser Race 4||17||17|
|31 Jul||Men's Laser Race 3||10||10|
|30 Jul||Men's Laser Race 2||14||14|
|30 Jul||Men's Laser Race 1||32||32|
More Athletes in Sailing
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB