Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
26 Jun 1985
Tomoko Fukumi competed in JUDO
Did you know?
- Founded in Japan in 1882 by Dr Jigoro Kano, judo is a refinement of the ancient martial art of Jujitsu.
- Judo made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Japan has won three times as many gold medals as any other nation.
- A contest going the full distance lasts five minutes for men and four minutes for women. If the scores are tied, a sudden death 'golden score' period comes into play.
- The key phrase for any judoka is 'ippon', which will win you the contest immediately. This can occur just a few seconds into a match.
- An ‘ippon’ can be scored by a clean, forceful throw, by holding the opponent on his or her back for 30 seconds, or by submission to a strangle, a choke or a lock applied against the elbow.
|28 Jul||Women's -48kg Contest for Bronze Medal B||—|
|28 Jul||Women's -48kg Semi-final of Table A||—|
|28 Jul||Women's -48kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 1||Won|
|28 Jul||Women's -48kg Preliminaries, Match 1||Won|
|28 Jul||Women's -48kg Elimination Round of 32, Match 1||Won|
More Athletes from Japan
- Ai Fukuhara Table Tennis Medallist
- Miho Fukumoto Football Medallist
- Yukiko Ebata Volleyball Medallist
- Kaori Icho Wrestling Medallist
- Kozue Ando Football Medallist
- Akemi Kato Hockey
- Anna Doi Athletics
- Manami Doi Sailing
- Natsuki Fukase Gymnastics - Rhythmic
- Izumi Kato Swimming
- Kaori Fujio Hockey
- Rie Katayama Cycling - Mountain Bike
Head to Head
Tomoko Fukumi vs Kelly Edwards
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB