Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
22 May 1984
Laurence Halsted competed in FENCING
Did you know?
- Three types of weapon are used in Olympic fencing - the foil, epee and sabre.
- Point scoring varies from weapon to weapon but all 10 fencing competitions use a knock-out format.
- Individual fencing bouts last for three rounds of three minutes each, or until one fencer has scored 15 hits against their opponent.
- In the team events, teams of three fencers compete against their opponents over a series of nine bouts, with the aim of accumulating a maximum of 45 hits.
- Between 1932 and 1960, Hungarian fencer Aladar Gerevich won a phenomenal six consecutive gold medals - a feat no other Olympian has managed.
|5 Aug||Men's Team Foil Placement 5-6||—|
|5 Aug||Men's Team Foil Classification 5-8||Won|
|5 Aug||Men's Team Foil Quarter-finals, Bout 1||—|
|5 Aug||Men's Team Foil Round of 16, Bout 2||Won|
More Athletes from Team GB
- One to watch Luke Campbell Boxing Medallist
- Alan Campbell Rowing Medallist
- Chris Bartley Rowing Medallist
- Stuart Bithell Sailing Medallist
- Peter Bakare Volleyball
- Jack Butland Football
- Abdul Buhari Athletics
- Steven Caulker Football
- Dwain Chambers Athletics
- Richard Brickell Shooting
- Euan Burton Judo
- David Carry Swimming
Head to Head
Laurence Halsted vs James Davis
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB