Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
23 Jun 1986
Marti Malloy competed in JUDO
Did you know?
- Founded in Japan in 1882 by Dr Jigoro Kano, judo is a refinement of the ancient martial art of Jujitsu.
- Judo made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Japan has won three times as many gold medals as any other nation.
- A contest going the full distance lasts five minutes for men and four minutes for women. If the scores are tied, a sudden death 'golden score' period comes into play.
- The key phrase for any judoka is 'ippon', which will win you the contest immediately. This can occur just a few seconds into a match.
- An ‘ippon’ can be scored by a clean, forceful throw, by holding the opponent on his or her back for 30 seconds, or by submission to a strangle, a choke or a lock applied against the elbow.
|30 Jul||Women's -57kg Contest for Bronze Medal A||Won|
|30 Jul||Women's -57kg Semi-final of Table B||—|
|30 Jul||Women's -57kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 3||Won|
|30 Jul||Women's -57kg Preliminaries, Match 5||Won|
|30 Jul||Women's -57kg Elimination Round of 32, Match 9||Won|
More Athletes from Team USA
- Sue Bird Basketball Medallist
- Erin Cafaro Rowing Medallist
- Lauren Cheney Football Medallist
- Tiana Coudray Equestrian
- Jessica Cosby Athletics
- Katie Bell Diving
- Cammile Adams Swimming
- Kim Conley Athletics
- Julie Culley Athletics
- Michelle Carter Athletics
- Brittany Borman Athletics
- Desiree Davila Athletics
Head to Head
Marti Malloy vs Sarah Clark
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB