Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
01 Jul 1988
Sofiane Milous competed in JUDO
Did you know?
- Founded in Japan in 1882 by Dr Jigoro Kano, judo is a refinement of the ancient martial art of Jujitsu.
- Judo made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Japan has won three times as many gold medals as any other nation.
- A contest going the full distance lasts five minutes for men and four minutes for women. If the scores are tied, a sudden death 'golden score' period comes into play.
- The key phrase for any judoka is 'ippon', which will win you the contest immediately. This can occur just a few seconds into a match.
- An ‘ippon’ can be scored by a clean, forceful throw, by holding the opponent on his or her back for 30 seconds, or by submission to a strangle, a choke or a lock applied against the elbow.
|28 Jul||Men's -60kg Contest for Bronze Medal B||—|
|28 Jul||Men's -60kg Repechage contest||Won|
|28 Jul||Men's -60kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 3||—|
|28 Jul||Men's -60kg Preliminaries, Match 6||Won|
|28 Jul||Men's -60kg Elimination Round of 32, Match 11||Won|
Head to Head
Sofiane Milous vs Ashley Mckenzie
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB