Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
16 Aug 1982
Lubov Volosova competed in WRESTLING
Did you know?
- There are two wrestling disciplines: Greco-Roman and freestyle. In both, the aim is to force the back of the opponent's shoulders on to the ground.
- In Greco-Roman wrestling, athletes are only allowed to use their arms and upper bodies to pin their opponent, while in freestyle wrestling any part of the body may be used.
- Bouts can last for a maximum of three periods of two minutes, with a 30-second break in between.
- The heaviest ever Olympic wrestler was American Chris Mason, who weighed 29.4 stones when he took part in the 1972 super-heavyweight freestyle competition.
- By contrast, the first ever women’s Olympic wrestling champion - Irini Merleni of the Ukraine in 2004 - was just 4 feet 11 inches tall.
|8 Aug||Women's 63kg Freestyle Bronze Medal, Match 2||Won|
|8 Aug||Women's 63kg Freestyle Semi-finals, Match 2||—|
|8 Aug||Women's 63kg Freestyle Quarter-finals, Match 4||Won|
|8 Aug||Women's 63kg Freestyle Round of 16, Match 7||Won|
|8 Aug||Women's 63kg Freestyle Qualification, Match 13||Won|
More Athletes from Russian Federation
- Ksenia Dudkina Gymnastics - Rhythmic Medallist
- Iuliia Efimova Swimming Medallist
- Svetlana Feofanova Athletics
- Irina Bespalova Swimming
- Diana Antonova Water Polo
- Olga Belkina Athletics
- Aleksandra Fedoriva Athletics
- Tatiana Bazyuk Sailing
- Mariya Baklakova Swimming
- Alexandra Antonova Water Polo
- Nadezhda Fedotova Water Polo
- Ekaterina Andreeva Swimming
Head to Head
Lubov Volosova vs Aisuluu Tynybekova
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB