Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
26 Jun 1987
Lucija Zaninovic competed in TAEKWONDO
Did you know?
- Taekwondo has its roots in ancient Korean martial arts. Tae means 'to kick or smash with the foot', and kwon means 'to destroy with the fist'.
- The sport made its Olympic debut at Sydney in 2000. South Korea tops the Olympic medal list with nine golds and 12 medals in total.
- You score one point for a valid kick or punch to your opponent's torso, two for a spinning kick, and four for a turning kick to the head.
- As in Beijing, there will be eight taekwondo events at the London Games. There are four weight categories for men and four for women - all played in a knock-out format.
- Competitors who lose to one of the finalists will enter the 'repechage', which will eventually determine the winners of the bronze medals.
|8 Aug||Women's -49kg Contest for Bronze Medal B||Won|
|8 Aug||Women's -49kg Semi-final of Table A||—|
|8 Aug||Women's -49kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 2||Won|
|8 Aug||Women's -49kg Preliminary Round, Match 3||Won|
More Athletes from Croatia
Head to Head
Lucija Zaninovic vs Shu-Chun Yang
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB