Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
25 Jan 1988
Kirill Denisov competed in JUDO
Did you know?
- Founded in Japan in 1882 by Dr Jigoro Kano, judo is a refinement of the ancient martial art of Jujitsu.
- Judo made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Japan has won three times as many gold medals as any other nation.
- A contest going the full distance lasts five minutes for men and four minutes for women. If the scores are tied, a sudden death 'golden score' period comes into play.
- The key phrase for any judoka is 'ippon', which will win you the contest immediately. This can occur just a few seconds into a match.
- An ‘ippon’ can be scored by a clean, forceful throw, by holding the opponent on his or her back for 30 seconds, or by submission to a strangle, a choke or a lock applied against the elbow.
|1 Aug||Men's -90kg Contest for Bronze Medal B||—|
|1 Aug||Men's -90kg Semi-final of Table A||—|
|1 Aug||Men's -90kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 1||Won|
|1 Aug||Men's -90kg Preliminaries, Match 2||Won|
|1 Aug||Men's -90kg Elimination Round of 32, Match 3||Won|
More Athletes from Russian Federation
- Semen Antonov Basketball Medallist
- Sergei Fesikov Swimming Medallist
- Apti Aukhadov Weightlifting Medallist
- Maksim Dyldin Athletics
- Aleksey Dremin Athletics
- Alexey Cheremisinov Fencing
- David Belyavskiy Gymnastics - Artistic
- Igor Erokhin Athletics
- Anton Anchin Swimming
- Nikolay Davydenko Tennis
- Grigoriy Andreev Athletics
- Alexander Bryukhankov Triathlon
Head to Head
Kirill Denisov vs Winston Gordon
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB