Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
18 Jan 1988
Wang Yihan competed in BADMINTON
Did you know?
- Badminton matches are played over the best of three games.
- Each game is won by the first player or doubles pair to reach 21 points by a margin of two clear points.
- All events begin with group stages, followed by a knockout format.
- With shuttlecock smashes reaching speeds of more than 200mph, badminton has claims to be the world's fastest racquet sport.
- Since making its Olympic debut in 1992, badminton has been dominated by Asian countries. All 15 medals at the 2008 Olympics went to Asian shuttlers.
|4 Aug||Women's Singles Gold Medal Match||—|
|3 Aug||Women's Singles Semi-finals, Match WS357||Won|
|2 Aug||Women's Singles Quarter-finals, Match WS353||Won|
|1 Aug||Women's Singles Round of 16, Match WS345||Won|
|30 Jul||Women's Singles Group Play Stage Group A, Match WS322||Won|
More Athletes from China
- Ming Cheng Archery Medallist
- Xiaojun Chen Synchronised Swimming Medallist
- Shuang Guo Cycling - Track Medallist
- Yue Guo Table Tennis Medallist
- Shanshan Huang Gymnastics - Trampoline Medallist
- Yulan Gao Rowing
- Qiushuang Huang Gymnastics - Artistic
- Liping Ji Swimming
- Jinling Chu Volleyball
- Senyue Deng Gymnastics - Rhythmic
- Rong Chen Athletics
- Xiaoxiao Huang Athletics
Head to Head
Wang Yihan vs Susan Egelstaff
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB