Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
03 Mar 1985
Mariel Zagunis competed in FENCING
Did you know?
- Three types of weapon are used in Olympic fencing - the foil, epee and sabre.
- Point scoring varies from weapon to weapon but all 10 fencing competitions use a knock-out format.
- Individual fencing bouts last for three rounds of three minutes each, or until one fencer has scored 15 hits against their opponent.
- In the team events, teams of three fencers compete against their opponents over a series of nine bouts, with the aim of accumulating a maximum of 45 hits.
- Between 1932 and 1960, Hungarian fencer Aladar Gerevich won a phenomenal six consecutive gold medals - a feat no other Olympian has managed.
|1 Aug||Women's Individual Sabre Bronze Medal Match||—|
|1 Aug||Women's Individual Sabre Semi-finals, Bout 1||—|
|1 Aug||Women's Individual Sabre Quarter-finals, Bout 1||Won|
|1 Aug||Women's Individual Sabre Round of 16, Bout 1||Won|
|1 Aug||Women's Individual Sabre Round of 32, Bout 1||Won|
More Athletes from Team USA
- Brigetta Barrett Athletics Medallist
- Rachel Bootsma Swimming Medallist
- Lindsey Berg Volleyball Medallist
- Caryn Davies Rowing Medallist
- Nicole Barnhart Football Medallist
- Swin Cash Basketball Medallist
- Amy Acuff Athletics
- Michelle Cesan Hockey
- Janet Cherobon-Bawcom Athletics
- Amanda Bingson Athletics
- Michelle Carter Athletics
- Brooke Crain Cycling - BMX
Head to Head
Mariel Zagunis vs Louise Bond-Williams
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB