Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
21 Jan 1985
Sergey Grankin competed in VOLLEYBALL
Did you know?
- There are six players in a volleyball team, and the net is 2.43m high for men and 2.24m high for women.
- They are allowed a maximum of three touches of the ball between them before it must cross the net.
- Crucial is the set and spike, in which a player feeds the ball (the set) for a team-mate to smash it into the opposition's side of the court (the spike).
- The London 2012 men’s and women’s events feature 12 teams, divided into two pools of six. The best eight progress to the knock-out phase.
- Volleyball made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Games in Tokyo, with Japan winning the women’s tournament in front of a jubilant home crowd.
|12 Aug||Men's Volleyball Gold Medal Match||Won|
|10 Aug||Men's Volleyball Semi-final 1||Won|
|8 Aug||Men's Volleyball Quarter-final 2||Won|
|6 Aug||Men's Volleyball Pool B Match 26||Won|
|4 Aug||Men's Volleyball Pool B Match 22||Won|
|2 Aug||Men's Volleyball Pool B Match 15||Won|
|31 Jul||Men's Volleyball Pool B Match 12||—|
|29 Jul||Men's Volleyball Pool B Match 2||Won|
More Athletes in Volleyball
Head to Head
Sergey Grankin vs Christopher Lamont
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB