Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
14 Feb 1993
Ana Goncalves competed in BASKETBALL
Did you know?
- An Olympic basketball match is 40 minutes long, made up of four 10-minute quarters.
- Both Olympic tournaments contain 12 teams playing in pools of six, with the best eight teams qualifying for the quarter-finals.
- Men's basketball was introduced to the Olympics in 1936, with women given their own competition in 1976.
- The American men won the first seven Olympic titles, with their 62-match winning streak eventually ending in a controversial final defeat by the USSR in 1972.
- Great Britain is fielding men's and women's basketball teams at London 2012 - the first time they have competed at the Olympics since London last hosted the Games in 1948.
|5 Aug||Women's Basketball Group A Game 50||—|
|3 Aug||Women's Basketball Group A Game 37||—|
|1 Aug||Women's Basketball Group A Game 26||—|
|30 Jul||Women's Basketball Group A Game 18||—|
|28 Jul||Women's Basketball Group A Game 3||—|
More Athletes in Basketball
Head to Head
Ana Goncalves vs Rose Anderson
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB