Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Karoline Naess competed in HANDBALL
Did you know?
- There are seven players on a handball team and each match lasts 60 minutes and is a fast and furious hybrid of football and basketball.
- The aim is to throw the ball into the opposition's goal. This happens often; as an example, France beat Iceland 28-23 in the 2008 men's Olympic final.
- Both the men's and the women's Olympic handball tournaments involve 12 teams, divided into two pools of six.
- The top four countries from each pool progress to the quarter-finals.
- All pool matches are being played in the brand new Copper Box arena, while medal matches are in the Basketball Arena.
More Athletes in Handball
- Tonje Nostvold Handball Medallist
- Linn Jorum Sulland Handball Medallist
- Kari Mette Johansen Handball Medallist
- Katrine Lunde Haraldsen Handball Medallist
- Kari Aalvik Grimsbo Handball Medallist
- Goril Snorroeggen Handball Medallist
- Karoline Dyhre Breivang Handball Medallist
- Marit Malm Frafjord Handball Medallist
- Camilla Herrem Handball Medallist
- Kristine Lunde-Borgersen Handball Medallist
- Heidi Loke Handball Medallist
- Linn-Kristin Riegelhuth Koren Handball Medallist
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB