Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Rushmi Chakarvarthi competed in TENNIS
Did you know?
- There are five tennis medal events taking place at Wimbledon, with mixed doubles making its first Games appearance since 1924.
- Most matches will be the best of three sets. The exceptions are the men's singles final (best of five sets) and all mixed doubles matches, decided by a first-to-10 tie-break if they reach one set all.
- Tennis appeared in the Olympic Games between 1896 and 1928 but was then dropped from the Olympic programme.
- It returned in 1988, when Steffi Graf added the women's singles title to the four majors she claimed that year in what became known as her 'Golden Slam'.
- Wimbledon staged the tennis competition when London first hosted the Olympic Games in 1908, with Great Britain winning all available gold medals.
|28 Jul||Women's Doubles First Round, Match 7||—|
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB