Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
09 Nov 1978
BiographyCompeted in: TAEKWONDO
Two-time Olympic champion Steven Lopez was one of three Lopez siblings competing in taekwondo at the 2008 GamesView Steven Lopez's profile
Steven Lopez competed in TAEKWONDO
Did you know?
- Taekwondo has its roots in ancient Korean martial arts. Tae means 'to kick or smash with the foot', and kwon means 'to destroy with the fist'.
- The sport made its Olympic debut at Sydney in 2000. South Korea tops the Olympic medal list with nine golds and 12 medals in total.
- You score one point for a valid kick or punch to your opponent's torso, two for a spinning kick, and four for a turning kick to the head.
- As in Beijing, there will be eight taekwondo events at the London Games. There are four weight categories for men and four for women - all played in a knock-out format.
- Competitors who lose to one of the finalists will enter the 'repechage', which will eventually determine the winners of the bronze medals.
|10 Aug||Men's -80kg Preliminary Round, Match 1||—|
More Athletes from Team USA
- One to watch Kobe Bryant Basketball Medallist
- Tyson Chandler Basketball Medallist
- Anthony Davis Basketball Medallist
- Ryan Bailey Athletics Medallist
- Ricky Berens Swimming Medallist
- Charles Edward Betts Wrestling
- David Banks Rowing
- Philip Dalhausser Beach Volleyball
- Rob Crane Sailing
- Jacob Dalton Gymnastics - Artistic
- Miles Chamley-Watson Fencing
- Chris Colwill Diving
Head to Head
Steven Lopez vs Lutalo Muhammad
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
No further events
Taekwondo finished on
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB