Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
09 Nov 1978
Steven Lopez competed in TAEKWONDO
Did you know?
- Taekwondo has its roots in ancient Korean martial arts. Tae means 'to kick or smash with the foot', and kwon means 'to destroy with the fist'.
- The sport made its Olympic debut at Sydney in 2000. South Korea tops the Olympic medal list with nine golds and 12 medals in total.
- You score one point for a valid kick or punch to your opponent's torso, two for a spinning kick, and four for a turning kick to the head.
- As in Beijing, there will be eight taekwondo events at the London Games. There are four weight categories for men and four for women - all played in a knock-out format.
- Competitors who lose to one of the finalists will enter the 'repechage', which will eventually determine the winners of the bronze medals.
|10 Aug||Men's -80kg Preliminary Round, Match 1||—|
More Athletes from Team USA
- Tyson Chandler Basketball Medallist
- Ryan Bailey Athletics Medallist
- Ricky Berens Swimming Medallist
- Bob Bryan Tennis Medallist
- Matthew Centrowitz Athletics
- Christian Cantwell Athletics
- Matthew Anderson Volleyball
- Trevor Barron Athletics
- Shea Buckner Water Polo
- Rob Crane Sailing
- Graham Biehl Sailing
- Philip Dalhausser Beach Volleyball
Head to Head
Steven Lopez vs Lutalo Muhammad
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB