Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
26 Aug 1986
Kerstin Thiele competed in JUDO
Did you know?
- Founded in Japan in 1882 by Dr Jigoro Kano, judo is a refinement of the ancient martial art of Jujitsu.
- Judo made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Japan has won three times as many gold medals as any other nation.
- A contest going the full distance lasts five minutes for men and four minutes for women. If the scores are tied, a sudden death 'golden score' period comes into play.
- The key phrase for any judoka is 'ippon', which will win you the contest immediately. This can occur just a few seconds into a match.
- An ‘ippon’ can be scored by a clean, forceful throw, by holding the opponent on his or her back for 30 seconds, or by submission to a strangle, a choke or a lock applied against the elbow.
|1 Aug||Women's -70kg Final, Gold Medal Contest||—|
|1 Aug||Women's -70kg Semi-final of Table B||Won|
|1 Aug||Women's -70kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 3||Won|
|1 Aug||Women's -70kg Preliminaries, Match 6||Won|
|1 Aug||Women's -70kg Elimination Round of 32, Match 12||Won|
More Athletes from Germany
- Helena Fromm Taekwondo Medallist
- Carina Baer Rowing Medallist
- Julia Fischer Athletics
- Marie-Louise Draeger Rowing
- Annika Bruhn Swimming
- Moana Delle Sailing
- Esther Cremer Athletics
- Mona Barthel Tennis
- Anke Brockmann Hockey
- Maral Feizbakhsh Athletics
- Alexandra Engelhardt Wrestling
- Katja Dieckow Diving
Head to Head
Kerstin Thiele vs Sally Conway
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB