Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
10 Nov 1981
Vera Moskalyuk competed in JUDO
Did you know?
- Founded in Japan in 1882 by Dr Jigoro Kano, judo is a refinement of the ancient martial art of Jujitsu.
- Judo made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Japan has won three times as many gold medals as any other nation.
- A contest going the full distance lasts five minutes for men and four minutes for women. If the scores are tied, a sudden death 'golden score' period comes into play.
- The key phrase for any judoka is 'ippon', which will win you the contest immediately. This can occur just a few seconds into a match.
- An ‘ippon’ can be scored by a clean, forceful throw, by holding the opponent on his or her back for 30 seconds, or by submission to a strangle, a choke or a lock applied against the elbow.
|2 Aug||Women's -78kg Preliminaries, Match 3||—|
More Athletes from Russian Federation
- Anastasia Bliznyuk Gymnastics - Rhythmic Medallist
- Tatyana Chernova Athletics Medallist
- Elena Arzhakova Athletics
- Olga Arteshina Basketball
- Diana Antonova Water Polo
- Olga Beliaeva Water Polo
- Olga Belova Water Polo
- Ekaterina Davydenko Handball
- Tatiana Antoshina Cycling - Road
- Nadezda Bazhina Diving
- Olga Chernoivanenko Handball
- Irina Davydova Athletics
Head to Head
Vera Moskalyuk vs Gemma Gibbons
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB