Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
26 May 1988
Alice Schlesinger competed in JUDO
Did you know?
- Founded in Japan in 1882 by Dr Jigoro Kano, judo is a refinement of the ancient martial art of Jujitsu.
- Judo made its Olympic debut at the 1964 Tokyo Games. Japan has won three times as many gold medals as any other nation.
- A contest going the full distance lasts five minutes for men and four minutes for women. If the scores are tied, a sudden death 'golden score' period comes into play.
- The key phrase for any judoka is 'ippon', which will win you the contest immediately. This can occur just a few seconds into a match.
- An ‘ippon’ can be scored by a clean, forceful throw, by holding the opponent on his or her back for 30 seconds, or by submission to a strangle, a choke or a lock applied against the elbow.
|31 Jul||Women's -63kg Repechage contest||—|
|31 Jul||Women's -63kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 4||—|
|31 Jul||Women's -63kg Preliminaries, Match 8||Won|
More Athletes from Israel
- Valeriia Maksiuta Gymnastics - Artistic
- Vered Bouskila Sailing
- Nufar Edelman Sailing
- Shahar Peer Tennis
- Anastasia Gloushkov Synchronised Swimming
- Polina Zakaluzny Gymnastics - Rhythmic
- Marina Shults Gymnastics - Rhythmic
- Jillian Schwartz Athletics
- Moran Buzovski Gymnastics - Rhythmic
- Neta Rivkin Gymnastics - Rhythmic
- Viktoriya Koshel Gymnastics - Rhythmic
- Gil Cohen Sailing
Head to Head
Alice Schlesinger vs Gemma Howell
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB