Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
22 Mar 1987
Sport GuidesGYMNASTICS - ARTISTIC
Alexander Shatilov competed in GYMNASTICS - ARTISTIC
Did you know?
- One of the world's oldest sports, gymnastics featured prominently in the Ancient Games and has been part of every modern Olympics since their inception in 1896.
- Olympic gymnastics began as a purely male pursuit, with women participants not taking part until 1928.
- Louis Smith's bronze medal in the pommel horse at the 2008 Olympics was Great Britain’s first medal in the sport since the women's team finished third in 1928.
- At these London Olympics there are 14 gold medals on offer. There are team events, individual all-around events and individual apparatus events.
- A ‘perfect ten’ is no longer the top score; gymnasts are now given two separate scores for difficulty and execution which are then added together.
|5 Aug||Men's Floor Exercise Final||6||15.333 pts|
|1 Aug||Men's Individual All-Around Final||12||88.432 pts|
More Athletes in Gymnastics - Artistic
Head to Head
Alexander Shatilov vs Kristian Thomas
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB