Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
20 Jun 1990
Sport GuidesTABLE TENNIS
BiographyCompeted in: TABLE TENNIS
The lowdown on what to look out for when the ExCeL Arena hosts Olympic table tennis, and how to try the sport for yourself.View Ding Ning's profile
Ding Ning competed in TABLE TENNIS
Did you know?
- Table tennis is one of the world's largest participation sports, with 40 million players worldwide. It became an Olympic sport in 1988.
- There are two singles and two team events at London 2012, all using a knock-out format.
- Singles matches are played over the best of seven games, with the first player to 11 points (by a margin of two clear points) winning each game.
- Team matches consist of four singles and one doubles match, each played over the best of five games.
- The Chinese dominate the global game; they have won all five titles at each of the last four World Championships.
|7 Aug||Women's Team Gold Medal Match||Won|
|6 Aug||Women's Team Semi-finals, Semi-final 1||Won|
|4 Aug||Women's Team Quarter-finals, Quarter-final 1||Won|
|3 Aug||Women's Team First Round, Match 1||Won|
|1 Aug||Women's Singles Gold Medal Match||Won|
|31 Jul||Women's Singles Semi-finals, Semi-final 1||Won|
|31 Jul||Women's Singles Quarter-finals, Quarter-final 1||Won|
|30 Jul||Women's Singles Fourth Round, Match 1||Won|
|29 Jul||Women's Singles Third Round, Match 1||Won|
Head to Head
Ding Ning vs Joanna Parker
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB