Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Sport GuidesCANOE SLALOM
Pietro Camporesi competed in CANOE SLALOM
Did you know?
- Through the course of the Games, some 60,000 spectators will visit the new Lee Valley White Water Centre to witness canoe slalom.
- Modelled on slalom skiing, canoe slalom involves timed runs down a white water course.
- Competitors have to negotiate up to 25 gates on the 300m course, some of them upstream, incurring a time penalty for every one they miss.
- Touching a gate adds a two second penalty to the overall time, while 50 seconds are added if a gate is missed altogether.
- There are four events in all, the men's canoe single (C1 men), men's canoe double (C2 men), men's kayak single (K1 men) and women's kayak single (K1 women).
|30 Jul||Men's Canoe Double Heats, 2nd Run||10||111.55 pts|
|30 Jul||Men's Canoe Double Heats, 1st Run||14||120.64 pts|
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB