Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
30 Aug 1993
Alexey Denisenko competed in TAEKWONDO
Did you know?
- Taekwondo has its roots in ancient Korean martial arts. Tae means 'to kick or smash with the foot', and kwon means 'to destroy with the fist'.
- The sport made its Olympic debut at Sydney in 2000. South Korea tops the Olympic medal list with nine golds and 12 medals in total.
- You score one point for a valid kick or punch to your opponent's torso, two for a spinning kick, and four for a turning kick to the head.
- As in Beijing, there will be eight taekwondo events at the London Games. There are four weight categories for men and four for women - all played in a knock-out format.
- Competitors who lose to one of the finalists will enter the 'repechage', which will eventually determine the winners of the bronze medals.
|8 Aug||Men's -58kg Contest for Bronze Medal A||Won|
|8 Aug||Men's -58kg Semi-final of Table B||—|
|8 Aug||Men's -58kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 4||Won|
|8 Aug||Men's -58kg Preliminary Round, Match 7||Won|
More Athletes from Russian Federation
- Nikolay Apalikov Volleyball Medallist
- Semen Antonov Basketball Medallist
- Apti Aukhadov Weightlifting Medallist
- David Ayrapetyan Boxing Medallist
- Aleksey Dremin Athletics
- Alexey Alipov Shooting
- Andrey Demanov Weightlifting
- Nikolay Chavkin Athletics
- Grigoriy Andreev Athletics
- Kirill Denisov Judo
- Denis Dmitriev Cycling - Track
- Sergey Borisov Cycling - Track
Head to Head
Alexey Denisenko vs Joel Gonzalez Bonilla
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Joel Gonzalez Bonilla
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB