Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Sport GuidesCANOE SLALOM
Niccolo Ferrari competed in CANOE SLALOM
Did you know?
- Through the course of the Games, some 60,000 spectators will visit the new Lee Valley White Water Centre to witness canoe slalom.
- Modelled on slalom skiing, canoe slalom involves timed runs down a white water course.
- Competitors have to negotiate up to 25 gates on the 300m course, some of them upstream, incurring a time penalty for every one they miss.
- Touching a gate adds a two second penalty to the overall time, while 50 seconds are added if a gate is missed altogether.
- There are four events in all, the men's canoe single (C1 men), men's canoe double (C2 men), men's kayak single (K1 men) and women's kayak single (K1 women).
|30 Jul||Men's Canoe Double Heats, 2nd Run||10||111.55 pts|
|30 Jul||Men's Canoe Double Heats, 1st Run||14||120.64 pts|
More Athletes in Canoe Slalom
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB